Questions/scenarios: Bad guy tries to take gun, and considering open carrier a threat - Page 2

Questions/scenarios: Bad guy tries to take gun, and considering open carrier a threat

This is a discussion on Questions/scenarios: Bad guy tries to take gun, and considering open carrier a threat within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I'm a bad guy and see a guy with a gun on his hip I'm going to wait a while. Why take a risk ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Questions/scenarios: Bad guy tries to take gun, and considering open carrier a threat

If I'm a bad guy and see a guy with a gun on his hip I'm going to wait a while. Why take a risk with a known carrier. Even criminals know there's always someone bigger, badder, faster...

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    If I am a bad guy. I am gonna drop the guy with a gun on his hip first.
    By taking that bullet the open carrier might just have saved a concealed carriers life by holding the attention of the shooter. Is that the point you're trying to make?

Michael

Visual threat vs. visual deterrent. The debate will rage on eternally. In a planned attack I can see it as a threat ( bank heist, mall shooting and the like) crime of opportunity (mugging, rape, and the like) I see it as a deterrent (takes away the opportunity for an EASY target)

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    This "Take out the OC guy first" theory always comes up, but other than a few isolated incidences (and CC'ers have their fair share also), it just doesn't hold water. One can always dig long and hard enough to find the same isolated incidences of any form of self defence that didn't work.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links