How do you handle traveling?

This is a discussion on How do you handle traveling? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pro2A You're not that far from me. I'm just in Greencastle inside the PA border. Believe me that 8 mile stretch of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How do you handle traveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    You're not that far from me. I'm just in Greencastle inside the PA border. Believe me that 8 mile stretch of Maryland can be a pain. I just stop at the truck hub on exit 1 in PA, and rearm when I get to the WV welcome center. Same goes for the return trip. I'm pretty familiar with the laws of PA, WV and VA as these are the 3 states I travel to the most while carrying. All 3 are OC states. Both PA and WV have castle doctrine and VA has stand your ground.

There isn't much you can do about Maryland however. Just obey the laws. I know the short 8 mile trip is annoying, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    I drive 81 when I visit my children so I pass through MD. My entire family was born there but, thankfully, we moved to PA which is friendly to those of us who carry.

I always STOP before I cross into MD and separate my magazine and weapon. A pain but the option of not would be more painful.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links