The Trayvon Martin case

This is a discussion on The Trayvon Martin case within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pittypat21 No, it doesn't say specifically anything about the night he was killed, but it could give clues into the kind of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Trayvon Martin case

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    No, it doesn't say specifically anything about the night he was killed, but it could give clues into the kind of kid that he was. Is he prone to violent outbursts? Was he known to cause problems and start...stuff...? These won't tell us what happened, but might give an idea to who he was. People that have a history of criminal activity are going to be causing more problems than people who have no record. In the same way, if Martin has a history of being a trouble maker, it may not be beyond the realm of possibility that he was the cause of the problem the night of his death.

This would be (my opinion of) why they want his school records, and the reason that they are relevant to the case.
    Yep, character establishment. Kinda the same as when a mother says "not my child, they would never do that because they go to church, play on the football team, participate in the glee club and are perfect angels".

I participate and lead in a couple youth programs and I know of a few parents who truly don't have a clue of the real character of their own children. Some unjustly demonize their own kids (likely because of their own personal shortcomings) who are actually great, caring young men and women. Then some parents who believe their little angel could do not wrong, as the child admits to me that they steal from their parents or are sneaking around to smoke dope.

There is a need in the court to establish typical behavior of a person to sway if the arguments being presented are even in the realm of ones character.

On to the actual topic, I too didn't realize there was a thread ongoing for this case. Glad it was mentioned here. I think many of us are curious where the case will go. Thanks!
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I guess that would be me.
    CLOSED.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    We have a permanent thread running here that we occasionally update. We usually do not allow open threads on this matter for various reasons. I'll leave this one open and let someone at a higher pay grade make that decision.

See here: Articles/Updates: Re: Zimmerman.

Lead Moderator
    Not to mention it has NOTHING to do with open carry.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links