The Trayvon Martin case

This is a discussion on The Trayvon Martin case within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone heard any updates on this? It seems to have fallen off the radar considering it's all we heard about for weeks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Trayvon Martin case

VIP Member

The Trayvon Martin case

Has anyone heard any updates on this? It seems to have fallen off the radar considering it's all we heard about for weeks.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

The Trayvon Martin case

I heard last week that the defense was allowed to have TM's school records. In exchange the prosecution was allowed GZ's medical record but sanitized by the judge to be case relevant. The trial is scheduled for something like April.

The latest I heard is the Zimmerman is team is getting access to Marin's school records.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You mean the Zimmerman case? Martin is not on trial.

The defense is still requesting a hearing on ruling if the shooting was legit or not. If ruled legit, there is no case. Haven't heard of any progress there.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

We have a permanent thread running here that we occasionally update. We usually do not allow open threads on this matter for various reasons. I'll leave this one open and let someone at a higher pay grade make that decision.

See here: Articles/Updates: Re: Zimmerman.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    We have a permanent thread running here that we occasionally update. We usually do not allow open threads on this matter for various reasons. I'll leave this one open and let someone at a higher pay grade make that decision.

Oh, OK. I didn't know that. This site is so huge that it takes some time getting to know all of it. You can lock this thread and I'll go over there to read up on it.
    Thanks for the replies and updates!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by lizjimbo View Post
    The latest I heard is the Zimmerman is team is getting access to Marin's school records.
    I don't see the relevance, are they just going to try to pin any prior violent altercation on Martin and say "See, he did it!" because any juror that shifts their view because of that isn't too smart.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I don't see the relevance, are they just going to try to pin any prior violent altercation on Martin and say "See, he did it!" because any juror that shifts their view because of that isn't too smart.
    The way it was reported here they were looking at the reason Martin had been suspended from school, as to why that may be pertinent I have no clue.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    The way it was reported here they were looking at the reason Martin had been suspended from school, as to why that may be pertinent I have no clue.
    I could see plenty of reasons it could be pertinent. It might have been for fighting, or drugs, or any number of other reasons that would prove that he wasn't the little angel everyone is claiming he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

Would you detail those reasons?
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I could see plenty of reasons it could be pertinent. It might have been for fighting, or drugs, or any number of other reasons that would prove that he wasn't the little angel everyone is claiming he was.
    Like I said, that's not relevant unless you're counting on the jury being full of dumb dumbs who think X must equal Y. I don't think anyone thinks he's an angel but his family and those way too invested in it, but even if he got into fights in school it says nothing about that night he was shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Like I said, that's not relevant unless you're counting on the jury being full of dumb dumbs who think X must equal Y. I don't think anyone thinks he's an angel but his family and those way too invested in it, but even if he got into fights in school it says nothing about that night he was shot.
    No, it doesn't say specifically anything about the night he was killed, but it could give clues into the kind of kid that he was. Is he prone to violent outbursts? Was he known to cause problems and start...stuff...? These won't tell us what happened, but might give an idea to who he was. People that have a history of criminal activity are going to be causing more problems than people who have no record. In the same way, if Martin has a history of being a trouble maker, it may not be beyond the realm of possibility that he was the cause of the problem the night of his death.

This would be (my opinion of) why they want his school records, and the reason that they are relevant to the case.
    Last edited by pittypat21; October 27th, 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added parentheses
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

It was a perfect storm for something to happen....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links