Would you be concerned?

This is a discussion on Would you be concerned? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In many locals carrying the firearm unholstered or not in a box of some sort would be called brandishing. An entirely different thing than OC....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Would you be concerned?

In many locals carrying the firearm unholstered or not in a box of some sort would be called brandishing. An entirely different thing than OC.
    jrclen likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Obvious time to call the police is obvious.

So I turn a corner and see this guy smacking his head and brandishing his gun . . . what do I do? The smart___ in me says start smacking myself in the head and brandish my gun as well. Two's better than one, right?

Realistically? Goodbye, and I make the phone call after I'm out of line of sight.
    FUZZ likes this.

If I have observed this behavior, my next step is to get out of Dodge and let SWAT take care of this problem. My signature says a lot but not stupid. When with my Granddaughter I am full force ahead, the rest of you folks need to get heads up and get out of the way!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    First of all, thats not a shotgun......

Its considered an AOW or a smooth bore pistol the way it is configured. Would I be concerned yes! I don't know many states that allow the legal open carry of AOW's. Would it constitute suspicion, yes because there is a high probability of possession of an unregistered NFA item is a felony and is a federal crime and constitutes severe time in a federal prison. Personally I would not want to get in a shoot out, but would I have conducted a surreptitious draw and have my gun out, ready for use, I would say yes, because at this point if i'm in line of site of the guy based on the facts, i'm reasonable in fear of my life. Here in Virginia thats all I need.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    If I saw this, I probably wouldn't dial 911 but keep an eye on the guy as I go about my business. I find it interesting that people on this board in large pretty much do the same thing as the police do and that is go out in public with a gun. Yet when we see things that make us uneasy we are quick to call guys in that also have guns and pray they get there in time before anything happens. We as armed citizens can help the police out by being extra sets of eyes to assist in maintaining a safe community. The police are nothing more than ordinary citizens with guns like any CCW holder, only difference is the attire and the method in which the firearm is carried. Dialing 911 and hiding somewhere is the exact thing someone many refer to as "sheeple" would do. I can't say whether or not that guy carrying a gun like that is lawful in his state and we all know how well laws work with those hell bent on causing trouble. I am kind of sick of this fear based society we live in these days.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I'd stand one isle over and start lobbing cans of soup.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    The police are nothing more than ordinary citizens with guns like any CCW holder, only difference is the attire and the method in which the firearm is carried.
    I'm pretty sure a uniform and method of carry is not the only distinguishing characteristic between law enforcement and civilians. They have the powers of arrest. and radios. and backup. and body armor. and tasters. and handcuffs. Either way, I'd at least dial 911 while 'keeping an eye on the guy and going about my business'.

I was joking about the soup. I'd use butterball turkeys.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links