Just couldn't do it - Page 5

Just couldn't do it

This is a discussion on Just couldn't do it within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 19ElevenJoe I wonder how often people just think you are a LEO/detective in plain clothes open carrying a service weapon? Dressing nice ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Just couldn't do it

Quote Originally Posted by 19ElevenJoe View Post
    I wonder how often people just think you are a LEO/detective in plain clothes open carrying a service weapon? Dressing nice while OCing seems to always ease the stares and concern.
    This is my take. I always try to dress above what the "average" citizen is wearing in my area. It's not hard around here, but that's what I do. In winter I usually wear jeans and a nice sweater. Carrying a black gun in a black holster on your right hip really gives the appearance of being in Law Enforcement. Of course if I was asked, I would quickly tell a person that I am not LEO and then begin to politely inform them of my right to open carry and what it means to all of us. So far I have not been approached by anyone so it's not been a problem.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I am not an attention whore so I don't.
    I, like many others I'm sure, take exception to that. I'm not an attention whore. The reasons I occasionally open carry are not for attention. In fact, I take steps to avoid attention as much as possible while carrying a firearm in plain sight.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Just couldn't do it

Ditto
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

In my experience, one important thing to remember, no one pays attention to anything. If they can manage to pry their faces from their smartphones, they'll experience a bit more of their own life. Even if they aren't using any sort of electronic technology, their minds are likely elsewhere. The same goes for a lot of bad guys. Especially the amateurs. Their minds are focused on one thing, their adrenaline is pumping, possibly causing some tunnel vision, and I'd venture a guess that most criminals, in the context of having the element of surprise on a BG, have too much to deal with to notice you're openly carried firearm. That is of course, a general statement that can be debated like Ford vs. Chevy. Don't nitpick. Its just a generalization.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Just couldn't do it

Ditto
    un-ditto. I could. And, I did.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links