OC for the first time - Page 3

OC for the first time

This is a discussion on OC for the first time within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bandrich Congrats I wish I had the guts to do the OC thing here in my small town in S.E. Wisconsin. I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: OC for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Congrats I wish I had the guts to do the OC thing here in my small town in S.E. Wisconsin. I DON'T HAVE THE JEWELS.
    This all new to me "OC" but i like it alot i havent had any problems with LEO yet..

OC for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I do it once in a while, never felt out of place or weird - but I didn't go out of my way to open carry either - just something I do on occasion. I like, and appreciate having the choice. Too many people are against open carry just because they choose not to do so, not everyone does it for attention. I don't like wearing my gun inside my pants, so my holster of choice is a high riding belt model. The only difference in carry for me is whether or not I decide to tuck in my shirt, unlike some people I don't dress around my gun every day, I dress how I'm going to dress. There are OCCASIONS that I'll dress for and change how I carry, but my normal day to day life does not dictate how I carry.

I'm also a believer that your location is in almost direct relation with how you feel about open carry.

I also think that some people who carry concealed look like absolute slobs, wearing pants that are 2 sizes to big and hawaiian shirts one size too large just to cover their carry gun. I'm glad I don't live where you do to the point I feel I have to look like a clown to carry, now that's attention I wouldn't care for.

But to each their own... I'm a firm believer that we need to quit fighting over how we carry and accept all safe methods, if we can't do it, how can we expect anti gun people to?

Lastly, I always try and present myself in a positive non-threatening manner, open doors for people, say please and thank you and do my best to be a gentleman, how I carry does not change this, but I think it is even more important when open carrying to be the good guy in your actions, I believe it goes a long way.
    Agreed, 100%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links