OC and Prepping

This is a discussion on OC and Prepping within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I came upon this question today as I was thinking about OC. From what I understand, people who are into prepping want to be ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mulle46

Thread: OC and Prepping

OC and Prepping

So, I came upon this question today as I was thinking about OC.

From what I understand, people who are into prepping want to be the "grey man." People who OC get more attention that CCers (as someone who OCs, I get noticed occasionally, whereas I don't when I CC). Does anyone who is into prepping OC, or do they think it will draw too much attention to themselves?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Most people (not LEO) who carry a weapon want to be the gray man, and even most LEO off duty. Unless you are followed home, and or disclose your preps to everyone, I think you will be fine. OMO
    Bark'n likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Those are my initial thoughts. I just was thinking for people who prep and live in areas where they may be prone to getting MWAG calls might be hesitant to OC. I OC rather frequently, so its not a concern on my part, just something I was curious about.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

I OC on a very limited basis, even though MWAG calls out here are non-existant. Just my personality

Links