Come on Texas!!!!

This is a discussion on Come on Texas!!!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Texas Open Carry will be Reintroduced in Next Texas Legislature This is the story from the Texarkana Gazette. So it looks like we have another ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Come on Texas!!!!

Come on Texas!!!!

Texas Open Carry will be Reintroduced in Next Texas Legislature
    This is the story from the Texarkana Gazette. So it looks like we have another chance to get OC in the law.

"A Texas state lawmaker plans to reintroduce an open-carry handgun bill when the 83rd Legislature convenes next year.
    Rep. George Lavender, R-Texarkana, said he wants to make open carry an option to licensed handgun carriers.
    He introduced an open carry bill in 2011,... "
    baren likes this.
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Already running here.

I'm all for it, even though I would not OC unless I'm carrying a heavy long barrel weapon, and probably hunting.

Why advertize in the Urban Jungle?
    baren and gregnsc like this.

I didn't find where a similar thread was already running, ANGLICO.

I'm all for it but will not be open carrying here in Texas.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I'd welcome Texas as a fellow open carry state! As numbers from open carry states are examined, it's discovered that OC doesn't pose a big threat to the (at least law abiding) citizens. We already have open carry (without permit) here in WV, which I took advantage of quite a bit until the weather turned cold. WV has been an OC state for many years now, and our streets haven't run red with blood, as the antis always predict. I encourage Texans, and people from any other state which currently doesn't allow OC, to contact your Senator and Representatives and ask them to support (or in some cases author) an open carry bill.

Just got OC here in OK in Nov. We have a great governor, very pro 2A.
    I'm surprised Texas didn't "beat" us to it. :)
    soonershoote likes this.

You mean there are entire STATES where (gulp!) people are so afraid of just seeing a gun that they'd rather have guns hidden under strangers' clothing? That's like wishing rattlesnakes were...invisible.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Well i hope it happens for yall.

I am very much in favour of TX getting OC. I personally will not OC. I'm in favour of OC so should I inadvertanly expose my carry piece I would not be brandishing.
    Cowbilly32 likes this.
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    You mean there are entire STATES where (gulp!) people are so afraid of just seeing a gun that they'd rather have guns hidden under strangers' clothing? That's like wishing rattlesnakes were...invisible.
    LOL. I like that analogy!

I'm surprised Texas didn't "beat" us to it. :)
    Well since it's Illegal to carry a Bowie Knife here I'm not surprised.If they do pass an OC law it gives me an option to get me a BBQ rig to show off my Stainless Combat Commander in during special occassions like "The Sun Came up"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Well since it's Illegal to carry a Bowie Knife here I'm not surprised.If they do pass an OC law it gives me an option to get me a BBQ rig to show off my Stainless Combat Commander in during special occassions like "The Sun Came up"
    And I will need one for my two tone P228! There should be a law against laws that make one hide a pistol as pretty as this one!
    (you glock guys should still CC)
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Cool

Just found you all today, after hearing the news that an attempt at open carry is going to be reintroduced in Texas. Congratulations Oklahoma, and yes, we should have beaten everybody to the punch and led the way. Sorry that didn't happen. I've been carrying concealed since a few months from the beginning of legal carry here. Maybe I will get to break back out my tactical leg holster left over from my law enforcement days, although I won't be carrying open regularly if it passes, just occasionally, but this is so cool. About time.

Para-Ordnance compact .45 lite hawg (shoulder rig) or (sob) [daily carry]
    Taurus compact .38 5 shot revolver (horizontal sob) or (vertical RH draw) [on occasion]
    Kel Tek 380 semi (pocket holster RH or LH draw) [constant carry]

And my old service side arm bought in the mid 90's that my son just had re-blued for me, still at the shop. It's a Llama copy of the full sized Para-Ordnance high capacity .45
    Last edited by JXavierClay; December 6th, 2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling / date

When Lavender intoduced the open carry bill two years ago it didn't go anywhere because he didn't have the support of the NRA or TSRA. His bill simply struck concealed from the statutes. This time around there will be provisions for allowing places to ban open carry without banning concealed carry which was missing from the previous legislation.

This go around it has a much better chance in getting some traction.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    This go around it has a much better chance in getting some traction.
    Anything that can further the cause.

There have been some very brief references to it on the local news here in the DFW area. I don't know how much traction it is getting within the political process in Austin. I hope it does make it through this time. Like other Texas residents have said, I don't expect that I will OC that much but as the situation dictates, who knows. Additionally, for the benefit of not having to worry about accidental exposure while carrying concealed. That will make it a good thing.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links