Moore, OK Warren Theater posting

This is a discussion on Moore, OK Warren Theater posting within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife and I were down in the OKC area this weekend and went to the Moore Warren Theater to pick up gift certificates for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Moore, OK Warren Theater posting

Moore, OK Warren Theater posting

The wife and I were down in the OKC area this weekend and went to the Moore Warren Theater to pick up gift certificates for friends. As we're walking in the door I do a quick scan for no gun signs and don't see the gunbuster, so I pay no mind. The wife, however, points out a new sign that is text only requesting patrons not open carry. I was concealing.

Now some of you may balk at an attempted affront to your rights, some of you may complain and boycott the business, and some of you may simply ignore the sign as it holds no legal weight and carry openly anyway. Since I was not open carrying it had no bearing on me, but I decided that should I ever be in the area again and open carrying, and should I decide to see a movie there I would have no problem complying with the request. Some may see it as an affront, but I see a business that acknowledges the right of its patrons to defend themselves and asking them to simply carry discreetly. They acknowledge that right while attempting to control a possible distraction for some moviegoers.

Personally, I respect that and will be sending them an email thanking them for acknowledging patrons' rights to defend themselves and allowing them to do so.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I see no issue The owner has the right on their property to make the request or even to demand it. Just as it would be my right to except or not.
    carracer and jrclen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    The wife and I were down in the OKC area this weekend and went to the Moore Warren Theater to pick up gift certificates for friends. As we're walking in the door I do a quick scan for no gun signs and don't see the gunbuster, so I pay no mind. The wife, however, points out a new sign that is text only requesting patrons not open carry. I was concealing.

Now some of you may balk at an attempted affront to your rights, some of you may complain and boycott the business, and some of you may simply ignore the sign as it holds no legal weight and carry openly anyway. Since I was not open carrying it had no bearing on me, but I decided that should I ever be in the area again and open carrying, and should I decide to see a movie there I would have no problem complying with the request. Some may see it as an affront, but I see a business that acknowledges the right of its patrons to defend themselves and asking them to simply carry discreetly. They acknowledge that right while attempting to control a possible distraction for some moviegoers.

Personally, I respect that and will be sending them an email thanking them for acknowledging patrons' rights to defend themselves and allowing them to do so.

One of the "regulars" on OSA site visited with the manager of the theater last month or so. That's why the no guns sign was replaced with the cc only.
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    One of the "regulars" on OSA site visited with the manager of the theater last month or so. That's why the no guns sign was replaced with the cc only.
    Well, it's pretty awesome that they listened. That seems a rare thing indeed.
    carracer likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That's a step in the right direction for the theatre.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Very nice. A reasonable compromise that allows patrons self defense.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have no issue with that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have no issues, either. Saw it just last week as I was picking up some "Hobbit" midnight tickets.

I love the Warren, so I'm happy they've taken this stance.

IIRC he just went in and, in a very respectful way, "educated" them.
    I think we'll have better luck doing it this way rather than bashing & boycotting the businesses.
    carracer and Supraman762 like this.

A request to carry lawfully and discreetly is a far sight better than the blind "no guns" mantra that does nothing for safety. I'm impressed they at least made that distinction, in sign selection.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Oh dear God no. This is a clear violation of our 2A rights and we should boycott the theater chain and hold an OC demonstration to prove that they are wrong and since the signs carry no weight everyone is going to walk into the theater together, holding hands singing amazing grace. Obviously if you support this suppression of our right then you are blatantly anti gun and have no business being on the forum and the anti's will use this as a stepping stone to further their agenda so we must all donate extra to the NRA so our right will not be eroded or taken away.

With all that being said good for the theater looks like someone is using their head.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Allowing some guns is better than none I guess..

But banning any form of safe, holstered handgun carry is still an emotional, illogical response to a bunch of media hype about OC.
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well, it's pretty awesome that they listened. That seems a rare thing indeed.
    See Sally.....there really due bee intelligence on planet Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Oh dear God no. This is a clear violation of our 2A rights and we should boycott the theater chain and hold an OC demonstration to prove that they are wrong and since the signs carry no weight everyone is going to walk into the theater together, holding hands singing amazing grace. Obviously if you support this suppression of our right then you are blatantly anti gun and have no business being on the forum and the anti's will use this as a stepping stone to further their agenda so we must all donate extra to the NRA so our right will not be eroded or taken away.

With all that being said good for the theater looks like someone is using their head.
    I had to laugh when I read your post, knowing that there will be people who actually do feel that way. In my book, you nailed it, and I applaud the theater for handling it the way they did. I think I may send them an email to let them know of my support of their decision even though I don't live in OK.
    tacman605 likes this.

VIP Member
    I would send them one if an address was made available. Now we just have to hope someone does not go the other direction and picket the theater or other stunt because he feels his right are being violated or sees this as an erosion of the 2A.

All we can do is hope.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links