Sudden open carry popularity boom?

This is a discussion on Sudden open carry popularity boom? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to say this is rather odd. I have never seen more than 3 people open carry in my area combined until this week. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Sudden open carry popularity boom?

I have to say this is rather odd. I have never seen more than 3 people open carry in my area combined until this week. Saturday I saw 2. Yesterday there was a group all open carrying at a food store ( 5 people obviously together). Today I saw 4 at ace hardware and at least 10 at dicks sporting goods! Seems like open carry is getting very popular with all the anti gun talk.

What shocked me the most is how no one else seemed to notice or make a fuss. I have personally witnessed a guy get embarrassed while shopping by some idiot sheeple yelling " omg he's got a gun!" After getting management and employees All worked up the man simply set his basket down and left. I am glad to see more open carry tolerance around here especially after this mess.
    ONESICKXD and GeorgiaDawg like this.

2. Remove Ads

That is fantastic to hear. People could be waking up. It's about time.
    ccw9mm and ONESICKXD like this.

Awesome to hear!
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Over the past 4-5yrs, I too have seen a marked increase in the number of people openly carrying. Occurs when out and about, as well, but it's most obvious in "typical" spots where we'd expect to see carriers coming to (gun, sporting, and outdoor type shops, out in "the wilds," etc).

It's good to see.

Yes, hopefully it is one of the signs of people starting to wake up and smell the coffee.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have only been a gun owner for a few month's and I have worked my self up to open carrying now..

OC gets voted on this year. Either way Im ok with it.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

I have seen 1 person (who was not a L.E.O.) open carry in my life. I would welcome more it just doesn't seem to be catching on here in SE Michigan. Of course I don't get out and about during normal hours as much as I used to so they might be out there but I rather doubt it.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

We don't have an OC law in Fl. it must be concealed. BUT i think that we should. There seems to be more robberies these days with the job market being what it is. Maybe an OC law would help stop some of the foolishness.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I would never object to OC here in FL. I'd much rather know who's carrying than wonder who's hiding.
    AK_Brian likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Good to hear! I was actually worried that OCers would become even less common post Sandy Hook.

probably just noticing it because more people are out and about doing their shopping..
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

I guess I should clarify. I see open carriers all the time in gunshops and places that are gun oriented. Apparently the dicks sporting goods people were "protesting" dicks announcement of pulling rifles. I read later on a local forum that they were planning on having a public display at all the dicks stores... kinda seems odd but I am going to attribute this to that... the rest of them were probably not related...

I did not realise dicks was pulling rifles and such at the time I started this post.

Ps I open carried yesterday, no one seemed to care other than a few little kids that gave me an odd look, then smiled. kids notice everything. I occasionally wear vibram 5 fingers (started about 4 years ago) no one ever noticed except little kids....

While I know there are people who open carry in the nw and sw of the state I have never seen anyone where I live open carry. Wish it were more common I would much rather open carry. Pain in the bum to pull my long winter sweaters up over my gun. In my little town here in NE Ohio they would probably have the state swat team out if I opened carried lol. Heck you would probably see it on News Center 5 lol. I open carry in the yard and when I go to the mail box, sure not going to put something special on to cover the gun but even then my husband says, " Cover that darn thing up." I want this real pretty holsters but why pay 175 dollars for it if I can't show it off lol.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Anyone ever see a felon open carry? Just sayin'
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Texas will vote yea or nay on OC in the 2013 session. I'll still choose to conceal, but it would be nice to have the option...
    lchamp likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links