Are You for Open Carry? - Page 4

Are You for Open Carry?

This is a discussion on Are You for Open Carry? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No, unless on the range. IMO its a macho bs thing. I think it makes the sheep nervous and has a negative affect on public ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Are You for Open Carry?

No, unless on the range. IMO its a macho bs thing. I think it makes the sheep nervous and has a negative affect on public opinion. Some would say, "who cares". Well if that public opinion could lead to restrictions then I care. Too each their own...
    kb2wji likes this.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofgods View Post
    i love carrying a gun on me at all times, everywhere i go but i'm not for open carry. I think that if a criminal was to enter a store to rob it & seen someone w a gun on their side they would take them out first then rob the place. Just my thought. What's urs?
    Exactly!

Even if OC is passed in Texas in 2013, I will still carry concealed--just my preference. If I'm armed, it's my business. My worry (and the worry of a lot of other people in Texas) is that OC, if passed, will cause many businesses to restrict concealed carry. It's all in how the law is written.

Cheers!
    kb2wji likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

It is nice to wake up in the morning and have options. If I know I am going to be around the house most of the day, or only visiting OC friendly businesses then I carry open. On Sundays I CC for church. I probably carry open 50% of the time and feel quite comfortable doing it.
    Badey and carracer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    No, unless on the range. IMO its a macho bs thing. I think it makes the sheep nervous and has a negative affect on public opinion. Some would say, "who cares". Well if that public opinion could lead to restrictions then I care. Too each their own...
    How is the public ever going to be "pro gun" if they never know anyone is carrying?
    carracer likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I don't think it's for me but I applaud those that are brave enough to do so.

Goose
    carracer likes this.
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Ya know, I wish the OC crowd would just quit going into the concealed forum and bashing concealed carry! Maybe then the cc'ers would leave the OC threads to those who actually have something constructive to add.
    archer51, sigmanluke and Anubis like this.

Thanks for everyone's opinion. I wasn't suggesting OC was wrong or shouldn't be legal. It isn't legal here in Ar. Just wanted everyone's .02 on it. I personally prefer CC but wouldn't mind one bit if OC became legal here. Merry Christmas.
    Badey and jrclen like this.

im really for CC, but id like to OC when im out in the vast open space
    BamaT likes this.
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

I prefer CC just my personal preference

Ok if you want too. I just prefer to CC
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    If I didn't approve of OC, I wouldn't be reading threads in the OC subforum.
    carracer and sigmanluke like this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'm surprised there are any OC'er alive, the way they all get taken out by the BG's.
    Or that they have any firearms left if they are alive seein as how "everyone knows if you OC, the BG's will see your gun and steal it from you"
    carracer and sigmanluke like this.

Suprise is a better tactic for OFFENSE rather than DEFENSE. To use suprise in defense, you have to have already been attacked, and are therefore REACTING to the attack.

OC/CC is analogous to a door/alarm system. The door (if locked) defends your property by being a door, blocking access. The alarm only does its job AFTER it is tripped. Kinda like a carried weapon vs a police officer, the carried weapon works NOW, the police officer works AFTER. OC works NOW, CC works AFTER. Now, if it were NATIONWIDE CC then perhaps it would be more effective as the BGs would not know who was armed. Now, they take a gamble and more than likely odds are their potential victim is not gonna be armed-too much hassle to get a CWP for most people. However if it were easier/nation wide....perhaps the odds would not be so favorable.
    carracer likes this.

"......keep and bear arms.." Is open carry and allowed via the 2nd amendment. However, we the people allowed the federal/state governments take or restrict that right from us.......

This message sent via my "Ma Bell" rotatory phone......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links