Are You for Open Carry? - Page 9

Are You for Open Carry?

This is a discussion on Are You for Open Carry? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Are You for Open Carry?

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: are u for open carry?

No

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

Had my gun taken twice today and was shot once. I'm starting to rethink this whole open carry thing. All those concealed carriers may be right! If I have to go home dead one more time because I am surprised by a concealed bad guy I'm just gonna order a concealed carry badge and be done with it!
    Snatale42, OldVet, jrclen and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I think a lot of resistance to open carry comes from people who don't have the option and think because you walk around shopping with a gun on your hip you are looking for trouble. That is hardly the case, especially when it's in a holster.
    You are correct, Most people that are against it can't do it and like the anti's have a very strong opinion against something they don't do to begin with!

It would be nice to OC then I wouldn't have to worry about printing or alternating my wardrobe. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about finding the most comfortable IWB holster.

VIP Member
    I personally prefer OC to CC and choose to OC about 95% of the time. I am always OC at work and see absolutely no reason to change that to make others more comfortable. Just one man's opinion. Just about the only place I conceal my gun(s) is at church.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm against it . . . for me. Just don't see a reason to advertise. Again, I'd rather catch a BG by surprise. Also, I have a belief that if a violent take-over robbery occurs in a store I'm in, I'll be the first target if they see me OC'ing.

Doesn't mean I think it should be illegal, I just can't see the logic in it myself in an sub/urban situation. Rural? That's a different story. Mountain lion isn't going to care whether your open or concealed carrying.

...I'm for us having the right to OC...but, personally, I won't do it at all...concealed keeps a lot of ignorant "conversations" from starting...and lets ME decide who knows...and when...tactically, I think CC makes more sense...
    lchamp, bmcgilvray and jrclen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Had my gun taken twice today and was shot once. I'm starting to rethink this whole open carry thing. All those concealed carriers may be right! If I have to go home dead one more time because I am surprised by a concealed bad guy I'm just gonna order a concealed carry badge and be done with it!

Did they follow you home afterwards to steal all your other guns too??
    carracer likes this.

I personally do not intend to open carry. That being said I do want open carry to be legal. Why ?. Watch this video, its self explanatory:

Florida Deputy Threatens to Shoot Concealed Carry Permit Holder in the Back During Traffic Stop | Prepper Central

There too many people out there that let authority go to their heads and displace all common sense.
    45ACPonly likes this.

I open carry for the most part and in big crowds I will go concealed (No reason other than someone attempting a gun grab will have to raise my shirt first) and will go concealed when I feel the need to. I conceal carry in church as well. All of these are my choices based on my experience and training. I am at ease while open carrying with maybe a little more attentive to details and my surroundings. I am that way by nature anyway. I dont get the debate and I cant explain why people are afraid of guns. You have a lot of rights as an American citizen but the right to not be offended or scared of inanimate objects. To all the CC folks who want to question my motives, intellgence, mental status, heritage or anything else, i dont know what to tell you other than antis appreciate your support.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I am thinking about it just to upset the liberals, strap my new 44 on my hip and go..... Or just go renegade cowboy.......
    Attached Images
    AK_Brian likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

PERSONALLY against it (to each his own), Would you rather your armed assailant know that you have a gun or not? that should be the real question. Also pulling a gun is last resort, if I end up having to defend myself from an UNARMED attacker, I don't want him knowing I have a pistol, I'd rather deal with it and then make sure my pistol is still intact.

Although, I'd like to add that everything has its place including OC, just don't see the logic to do so in certain densely populated areas.

LETS PUT IT THIS WAY
    you walk into a store and there isn't a customer in line and your open carrying. you get your soda and the cashier is also open carrying a full auto assault weapon.
    MY POINT IS IF THE PLACE WHERE THERE MILLIONS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND HAD GUNS CAUSE OF YOUR RIGHTS TO BEAR ANY ARMS FOR TYRANTS THUGS AND PUNKS ARE TYRANTS. WOULDN'T YOU THINK THEY WILL TRY WAIT OUTSIDE AND TRY IT AT A DIFFERENT SPOT.

Re: Are You for Open Carry?

^ Serenity now...woosahhh

sent using tapatypo

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links