Have you seen this video ? (Open carry)

This is a discussion on Have you seen this video ? (Open carry) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It looks like this guy knows his stuff! Epic 'Open Carry' Rights Argument...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Have you seen this video ? (Open carry)

It looks like this guy knows his stuff!

Epic 'Open Carry' Rights Argument
    DC likes this.

2. Remove Ads

"Yeah, and you should be telling the people on the phone 'What's he's doing isn't illegal'!"

That's really the key to the MWAG calls... dispatchers asking "What exactly is this man doing?".
    Curzyk, CLASS3NH and nerdyvirgin like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I've seen it now. This guy also knows his stuff but was calmer about it, but I doubt he has been stopped so many times:
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

That is very good. Even the police do not know what to do, which is funny. People see something out of the ordinary and suddenly feel threatened.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Wow, both videos are great! The police just don't know what to do...they are used to people not knowing their rights I guess.

This is the reason the police are paranoid, no matter what, I want to treat them with respect. Not give them my name ? Just give them my name and I am off on my way.
    In the vid. there is only one side of the argument. like who called the police? was it a drive by ? was his weapon exposed ?
    I myself would rather just comply and be on my way. I do understand that this was the 5th. time he was stoped. but come-on guys respect is respect.
    This seems to be more like baiting the police.
    Myself I may want or need their help at some point in my life.

A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

VIP Member
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you had to speak and let the cops know you were invoking you right to remain silent.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

yeah i just read about a court case not sure where, saying you had to say I have a right to remain silent to invoke your 5th A right. but then who has the right to make you talk if you dont want too? As far as I know its not against the law to ignore someone.
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    In the first video the guy admitted to a felony arrest, Here in CA that would be enough reason to ask for ID to see if he had a felony conviction, and was a felon in possession of a firearm. The reason the cop wants youto talk is to get you to admit to these kinds of things. DR

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open carry is foolish. This guy stated he couldn't get a license to conceal carry because of a prior drug conviction. He shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. This type of garbage just turns into more media fodder for the anti gun movement. But that's okay, right? Because he's excersizing his "right" to open carry. Nevermind that guns scare people. It's still his right to scare those people and how dare they call the police because they witness someone walking down the street with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by hartlathers View Post
    Open carry is foolish. This guy stated he couldn't get a license to conceal carry because of a prior drug conviction. He shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. This type of garbage just turns into more media fodder for the anti gun movement. But that's okay, right? Because he's excersizing his "right" to open carry. Nevermind that guns scare people. It's still his right to scare those people and how dare they call the police because they witness someone walking down the street with a gun.
    Without even getting into whether a misdemeanor marijuana charge (or any other misdemeanor charge, for that matter) should forever ban someone from gun ownership, the part I bolded is silly. If it's legal and someone isn't doing anything that warrants making people afraid, why should they call the police?

"Yes, 911... there is a guy driving a car down my street. No, he isn't driving erratically and he doesn't seem drunk. Why am I calling? Because this guy in his car scares me." See what I did there? And I'm not even an OC'er...
    luvmy40 and pittypat21 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Another YouTube wanna be superstar.

He is out for attention. NOTHING MORE.

The only merit to this video is I laughed at him trying to properly pronounce "articulable"

This guy complains that he's stopped all the time. I'm sure there are other OC'ers that never get stopped. It's the attitude and actions of the OC'er that prompts MWAG calls. I run into OC'ers pretty regularly, and nobody cares. I dont get calls on them. Theres this one guy who people call on all the time. I've watched him on Wal Mart video running around with his hand on his gun, playing with his holster. He'll stand in front of mirrors and adjust his gun, and basically walks around like a fool. He attracts attention NOT because he is OC'ing, but because of the way he is acting. I'd bet that the guy in this video behaves in a way that gets people to make phone calls. He is a horrible representative for 2a rights acting like that.

I would have given my name, and be on my way. Open Carry in NH is legal, yet people still make that call to the Police. Give respect, you get respect.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links