What do you guys think about this video? - Page 2

What do you guys think about this video?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think about this video? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Cop should have placed him in cuffs when he wouldn't leave! At that point he had every right to ask for ID, take the ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: What do you guys think about this video?

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The Cop should have placed him in cuffs when he wouldn't leave! At that point he had every right to ask for ID, take the gun for his own safety, and know who is following him while doing his job.
    OC has its place, but this wasn't it! DR
    68blackbird likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    The Cop should have placed him in cuffs when he wouldn't leave! At that point he had every right to ask for ID, take the gun for his own safety, and know who is following him while doing his job.
    OC has its place, but this wasn't it! DR
    Okay, let's break this down.
    "When he wouldn't leave". What do you mean? Leave the neighborhood? Leave the city? Leave the state? From what I saw, he walked away from the site. Nuff said.
    "Placed him in cuffs". Brilliant. Let's arrest everyone out there who are going about their lives legally. I don't like the color of that shirt. Arrest that man!
    "Take the gun for his own safety". This is beyond ignorant.
    "OC has its place, but this wasn't it" There you have it folks. Let's call for more gun laws to make sure John Q. here can't have his gun even though he was doing nothing illegal.
    Crowman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I think this video is all about the numbskull with the camera. He doesn't seem to care about anyone else...
    I don't agree with his actions, but he has the right to do so, just as you have the right to voice your opinion of him, he is well within the present laws as written. To allow the restriction of his right(s) to be a numbskull, in your opinion, and to restrict that right would lead to additional restrictions on our rights.

Why is it when LEO know that unless the person is suspected of a crime they are not required by law to show an Id they try an make people do it?
    If you are not breaking the law you should be left alone. Any officer that tries to enforce a law they make up should be fired on the spot. We can not have LEO going around making it up as they go.
    That is why we are in mess we are in To many doing that now.
    chuckusaret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I think this video is all about the numbskull with the camera. He doesn't seem to care about anyone else...
    I don't agree with his actions, but he has the right to do so, just as you have the right to voice your opinion of him, he is well within the present laws as written. To allow the restriction of his right(s) to be a numbskull, in your opinion, and to restrict that right could lead to additional restrictions on a broad spectrum of our present rights.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Okay, let's break this down.
    "When he wouldn't leave". What do you mean? Leave the neighborhood? Leave the city? Leave the state? From what I saw, he walked away from the site. Nuff said.
    "Placed him in cuffs". Brilliant. Let's arrest everyone out there who are going about their lives legally. I don't like the color of that shirt. Arrest that man!
    "Take the gun for his own safety". This is beyond ignorant.
    "OC has its place, but this wasn't it" There you have it folks. Let's call for more gun laws to make sure John Q. here can't have his gun even though he was doing nothing illegal.
    When you have a man with a gun standing behind you doing stupid things , That is an officer safety problem! Had he continued on down the street, no harm no foul.

When you have a man with a gun standing behind you doing stupid things , That is an officer safety problem! Had he continued on down the street, no harm no foul.
    Okay, what 'stupid' thing was he doing exactly?

I don't understand the need to approach a cop, video cam in hand, during a traffic stop to "make sure everyone is being held accountable".

I'm not going to pull this stunt unarmed much less openly carrying.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

I dont know about NM, but in my state, this guy WAS breaking the law. And im not talking about the open carry law. He has zero business involving himself in a traffic stop. To do so is stupid and dangerous. To do so with a gun is more stupid, and more dangerous. I stand by statement. When this guy refuses to get away from a traffic stop, he's taking a ride downtown.
    GH, 02R1 and DFuller like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I dont know about NM, but in my state, this guy WAS breaking the law. And im not talking about the open carry law. He has zero business involving himself in a traffic stop. To do so is stupid and dangerous. To do so with a gun is more stupid, and more dangerous. I stand by statement. When this guy refuses to get away from a traffic stop, he's taking a ride downtown.
    Exactly! DR

Couldn't watch it all. I don't understand why some people just want to look for problems. What do they expect, thier job is to serve and protect. Of course they will ask questions.
    68blackbird likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

What was he doing that was stupid, maybe in your opinion, it appears he did not think it was stupid which is in his right. What law or laws did he violate? Would you have had a different opinion of his action if he would not have had a gun? We have to be very careful as to what actions/restrictions are to be allowed for just doing stupid things, such as this guy was doing, they seem to have a snowballing effect with the boys in D.C. and could lead to greater restrictions.
    Crowman likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

He presented no deadly force. No more danger to the LEO at the stop as he would have been at a Wendy's.
    Any of you agreeing with what the cop did have zero leg to stand on when it comes to the possible AWB. You are agreeing that even though the kid was in his legal rights, he shouldn't have done that. Akin to saying, "Why does anyone need an assault rifle?".
    This really disturbs me. I thought that the one place I would find solace against the idiocy of gun control was this site. Instead, I see people goosestepping along with the desire to take away more rights.
    This kid did nothing illegal. He poked the bear as some might say. And, so what?
    I never noticed a sign posted in the background that said this was a no idiot zone. So, being an idiot doesn't mean he gets to have his rights infringed upon.
    Crowman and Ghost1958 like this.

I can not believe you people are agreeing to this. You are being sheep and as bad as the people out there right now calling for strict gun laws
    1. I do not consider myself a "sheep."
    2. I in NO WAY consider myself "as bad as the people out there right now calling for strict gun laws"

Just because I do not agree with your opinion does not give you the right to resort to lumping me in with the mentioned groups. The guy in the video(at least the amount of it I could watch) was "looking for a fight". Approaching a LEO while he was conducting business, video in hand, that had nothing to with him was wrong. That is MY opinion, and I did not resort to name calling with anyone who disagreed with me...state your opinion on the subject and move.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    What was he doing that was stupid, maybe in your opinion, it appears he did not think it was stupid which is in his right. What law or laws did he violate? Would you have had a different opinion of his action if he would not have had a gun? We have to be very careful as to what actions/restrictions are to be allowed for just doing stupid things, such as this guy was doing, they seem to have a snowballing effect with the boys in D.C. and could lead to greater restrictions.
    Without the gun standing across the street would not be a danger to the officer. he has put time and space between him and the cop.
    lets say things went bad between the cop and the driver, and he had to pull the driver out on to the street. He [ the cop has 20' to work in and also react if the guy filming decides to join in. The gun takes that time and space out of the equation!

That's why I would have put him in cuffs and removed the gun for my safety! DR
    68blackbird and kb2wji like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links