Defensive Carry banner

Why would a business require open carry, but not allow concealed carry?

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Dangerfield 
#1 ·
I've read on a couple of threads about businesses requiring open carry if a patron is going to carry at all. Why would that be?

#3 ·
Virginia used to require open carry in places that sold alcohol for consumption on the premesis, if I recall correctly.

That is the only occasion I can think of where that might of happpened, but the law got changed a year or two ago.

#7 ·
Virginia used to require open carry in places that sold alcohol for consumption on the premesis, if I recall correctly.

That is the only occasion I can think of where that might of happpened, but the law got changed a year or two ago.
Actually the way the law was written, until a few years ago. Conceal carry was prohibited in places that sold alcohol for consumption on premise. Virginia is an open carry state and state law did not prohibit open carry in those establishment.

Reactions: Spec
#5 ·
My guess is because BGs don't OC. Other than that, no idea.

#6 ·
1. Owner believes in the 2nd and a supports the right o open carry 100% does not think you need to hide it
2. Owner would rather know who has one and who don't

I have a few friends that refuse to CC they are 100% open carry and still live for the day it is the way it will be done.

#9 ·
In FL it is legal, though I'm sure we all feel it's unwise. And in FL it's legal to defend one's self with a firearm when intoxicated. The state realizes even drunks have the right to self defense. But in the latter case I'd expect some serious legal expenses without a clear-cut SD case.

#13 ·
Perhaps as the AL Supreme Court (1840) they feel that concealed carry is "the evil practice of carrying weapons secretly," and as th Atty General stated "Every man was still left free to carry arms openly, the only manner in which they could be used for defensive purposes."

#16 ·
I know that is really confusing to a lot of people.

#17 ·
Maybe he's so hard core OC he wants to create new OCers? LOL! Tons of CC people for some reason bash OC, may he gets back at people that way! It's gotta be just to screw with people, anybody that carries either OC or CC know it'll have no effect on criminals, so what else do you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.