Assault Rifles

This is a discussion on Assault Rifles within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First of all,I am waiting for Biden team to come up with a plan.My position is we have a mental health problem. I live in ...

Like Tree24Likes
  • 3 Post By JasonJ
  • 3 Post By RightsEroding
  • 3 Post By Chief1297
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 3 Post By suntzu
  • 2 Post By TX expat
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 7 Post By SIXTO

Thread: Assault Rifles

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar

Assault Rifles

First of all,I am waiting for Biden team to come up with a plan.My position is we have a mental health problem. I live in a poor state with an population that's become aged;fifty percent of Maine's population is over 40.Maine has less than 100
    beds for mentally ill.If you think mainstreaming the mentally work I would encourage anyone to walk down Water Street.
    They bother shoppers,employees.The City of Augusta police.This minority group drains our limited resources to the point I am glad I carry.I have gotten an education when it comes to laws protecting this group! We had a half way house for mentally ill dropped in our neighborhood.I contacted my councilman,state representative and there was nothing we could
    do! On two occasions we've had someone try to come in the house.Several peeping tom issues!Just last couple of weeks one of neighborhood! My neigbor followed trail of foot prints in the snow and found a tent with a vagabond in it.Let me quickly recap our problem Maine has less than 100 beds for mentally ill.

I urge all of you to contact their senators and state representatives NOW and lets put the pressure on.You can contact then via e-mail.Lets point out good shoots and when a citizen gets involved.

2. Remove Ads

what the hell does any of that have to do specifically with assault rifles? I am sorry that Maine sucks so bad.
    suntzu, thephanatik and Carvin66 like this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    First of all,I am waiting for Biden team to come up with a plan.
    This was your 1st error..Believing Biden cares about anything but HIS agenda.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

This isnt about assualt weapons or any weapons. It isnt about the children or safety. This issue we are fighting now is about control...plain and simple. The tragedies tha have occured are opportunities to influence and scare the weak minded.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    What's vagabond?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Mental health is a major problem when it comes to gun control issues. Just like Maine we have a constant problem with not enough mental health beds in the state and these people end up in the local jails which aren't prepared to deal with mental health. These people are then released time after time to get themselves into trouble again. Look at all the recent mass shootings and how many involve mental problems.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Nothing Obama,Biden or Holder is doing now is about fire arms. It is the second step in taking control Obama care was step one.
    You are getting run over while yelling I had the green light you can't do that.
    Get the big picture. You had your doubts but voted from him anyway now you know work on fixing your mess.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    What's vagabond?
    Google is your friend.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Just out of curiosity: What on earth is this thread about
    TX expat, Brad426 and msgt/ret like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    How can you not understand what this tread is about?it's pretty easy to see what it's about.I'm a litte concerned that you are having trouble understanding it.When the red thrush knocks do you answer or do you ignore it?I can see how you might get a little confused.I might be a little confused myself. If I walked into a dry cleaner and asked to pick up a shirt do you think they might want to see if my camel has air conditioning before telling me to go down the street?
    carracer and Brad426 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Something about vagabonds and the price of rice in China.

Re: Assault Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Something about vagabonds and the price of rice in China.
    At what time of year?

A Vagabond is a brand (or model) of camper (with wheels). Since the OP mentioned a vagabond in a tent, I don't think he meant a camper... But if you're in a tent, you're camping. Does that make you a vagabond? On Wednesday?
    Hopyard and carracer like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Administrator
    Wrong sub forum, drunken post? Maybe? I don't know. It's hard to follow at best. I'm closing it for now until I or maybe another moderator can insert spaces, punctuation or maybe merge it with one of the other hundred or so threads about the same thing.
    archer51, zacii, wsquared and 4 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links