Open carry or concealed? - Page 2

Open carry or concealed?

This is a discussion on Open carry or concealed? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Open carry or concealed?

Concealed

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    ah heck, not this again
    And YOU'VE only been a member since October!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Concealed no need for me to advertise. Even if it was legal to open carry in Fla I wouldn't do it, just me though..
    FlaRon likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

OMG, not this question again.......
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

By choice I conceal, nearly all of the time. To certain venues under certain conditions I have carried openly before, but probably less than 5% of the time.

My preference is, generally, to fly under the radar and be underestimated. CC complements that better, for me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I do have a choice here in Wisconsin but don't need it. I will always opt for CC. Just sayin'
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Choices are good but I conceal. I prefer to have the element of surprise in my favor.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I choose concealed I dont want unwanted attention drawn to myself. And the bad guys dont know who is carrying or not.

I do both. I prefer to CC in some instances, but like the freedom of OC in others.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    This question will ALWAYS come down to personal preference.

If it's a OC party for demo or public awareness purposes; I'm good with it and will probably participate.
    Other than those reasons; you will never know I have it on me unless a BG threatens me or others around me with deadly force.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    open carry not allowed here. If I had a choice, I would probably still carry concealed. I prefer to stay anonymous and in the background...but prepared for bad stuff.
    FlaRon likes this.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I will do both, it just depends of how much of a hurry I am in. As far as drawing attention, when I have OC'ed it didn't seem like many if anyone noticed except for little kids. Kids just see everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I was just curious,if you had a choice to open carry or conceal,which one would you choose?
    In Georgia we can carry either way. My choice is to carry concealed.

Open carry all day for me. I open carry every where I go. Best Buy, the grocery store, pumping gas, picking up a burger at 5guys, or a burrito at Chipotle. I open carry at Northern Tool, I open carry at the parts store. The only place I don't open carry is those places which have signage posted prohibiting firearms (not talking federal buildings and schools, a whole different animal there), and then I will just leave my pistol at home rather than leave it in the car for some thief to get his hands on. When I get my CC permit, you can bet the only time I will CC is to those places which post no firearms. Those signs have no force of law here, other than the tenant/owner of the property being able to ask me to leave for carrying a firearm. If I refuse, I am trespassing and only subject to a civil fine. Of course concealed means concealed, so no one should ever know I have it unless I am placed in the unfortunate situation of having to shoot some poor dumb ******* who thought the "no firearms allowed" sign meant everyone in the building was unarmed.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Open Carry. All Day Every Day. It's Virginia. We don't need to Conceal Carry here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links