Oc in Texas

This is a discussion on Oc in Texas within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know how much support OC will garner in Texas. It seems to work fine in other states. I would not want to OC, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Oc in Texas

Distinguished Member
    I don't know how much support OC will garner in Texas. It seems to work fine in other states. I would not want to OC, because I think it takes away the element of surprise in a defensive sit. But if it does pass I think it will be just fine. The proposal to limit OC in certain is ridiculous. Sounds like old "the streets will run with blood" argument against concealed carry. Didn't happen that way either. Sounds like this bill does need some tweaking to get it right.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

2. Remove Ads

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

I'd rather they dump that sort of holster
    specificity and allow for OC in the places where OC won't appear out of place and where it won't likely attract random grab efforts by filth.
    There is virtually no evidence that supports the notion that OC attracts random gun grab attempts. I have done some digging in the past, and all I could find were stories of police officers' guns being targeted for gun grabs.

There's are a few stories floating around, but I don't see how a few stories are a big deal when thousands of people open carry every single day, and have for hundreds of years.

Also, why does every thread about open carry end up with CCers imparting their wisdom about why CC is better, when "OC vs CC" has nothing to do with the OT? Come on guys, is it really necessary in every single thread?

I would love to see OC here in Texas. I will choose to continue carry concealed. My concern is that OC might cause more businesses to post appropriate signage that will also impact CHL holders depending on how the statute is written.
    Hopyard likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I thought real cowboys everywhere packed sixguns on their hips. I am soooo disillusioned with TX now. I bet old Sam is rolling over in his grave at the thought of Texans having to hide their guns like a bunch of common criminals.
    Maybe just a bit of a reality check on the past in TX. When I was stationed in Arizona in the early 90s, traveling East into Texas was no different than traveling West into California. You could not have a handgun immediately accessible in the car, period. It had to be locked up in the trunk. So yeah, the cowboys wouldn't have had their sixguns at all.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    My concern is that OC might cause more businesses to post appropriate signage that will also impact CHL holders depending on how the statute is written.
    My sentiments exactly. If the bill isn't written just right, it'll end up biting us in the backside.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    I would love to see OC here in Texas. I will choose to continue carry concealed. My concern is that OC might cause more businesses to post appropriate signage that will also impact CHL holders depending on how the statute is written.
    I agree with this statement 100 percent
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    Maybe just a bit of a reality check on the past in TX. When I was stationed in Arizona in the early 90s, traveling East into Texas was no different than traveling West into California. You could not have a handgun immediately accessible in the car, period. It had to be locked up in the trunk. So yeah, the cowboys wouldn't have had their sixguns at all.
    That is no longer the law in Texas. Courtesy of the motorist protection act, it is now legal for anyone who can legally own a gun to have it accessible and ready for use in their car as long as it's concealed (and as long as you are not comitting a crime that is not a minor traffic infraction) at the time - no CHL required.
    USM1976 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links