City says No Open Carry - Page 4

City says No Open Carry

This is a discussion on City says No Open Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Honorable men can differ :) At first I read that as "then I'd take my illegal ordnance" haha :) I actually had originally started to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: City says No Open Carry

Honorable men can differ :) At first I read that as "then I'd take my illegal ordnance" haha :)

I actually had originally started to type something similar, "consult an attorney and then OC with a copy of the law and their own legal document refuting the law" or something to that effect but decided it was too rambly on my part lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's misleading to post old videos, stories, etc. that do not present current laws, statutes, etc., as what it's like today.

Accidental exposure of a concealed firearm is not illegal, by statute never was, and is now specifically stated so in the FSs. Nor is there a duty to inform an LEO until asked. All charges against the individual in the video were subsequently dropped, and the LEO in it has since "moved on."

I'm sure all GA LEOs are perfect gentlemen/ladies, but not from what I see on Cops. I'm sure that's an accurate portrayal also.

Sorry if I missed something there but I was using that video posted in 2013 that I was told represented a recent case in Fla that was dismissed due to the law's being changed. But in any case I was not bashing Florida. I was actually using the video as an example of how you run into MORE problems in states who ban open carry as a legal method and how incredibly stupid it is to ban open carry in general. It alone causes more confusion for NO reason and also forces concealed carry people to be under more pressure to severely conceal. Florida has improved some, in they allow accidental exposure of concealed carry but still there are small issues that occur here and there according to recent carry forum posts I have read. In Ga you can carry any weapon concealed or open and the license is for all weapons and does not specify a method. It's simply a weapons permit. Sorry if I clouded the waters but I was also trying to address the people who post negative things about open carry because they do not like, or understand it. Open carry should be legal everywhere, and I dont mean open carrying an empty gun, or condition 3 either. Open carry people DO NOT commit crimes, and criminals do not OC. Somewhere in my post is some value to take away, respectfully, thanks. Sounds like the OP has some rights to protect in his state. Good luck with that, seriously.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links