Starbucks Appreciation Day 2013 - Page 3

Starbucks Appreciation Day 2013

This is a discussion on Starbucks Appreciation Day 2013 within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RightsEroding All good except starbucks is anti war, anti U.S & anti morality.....They won't get a dime from me. snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Starbucks Appreciation Day 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    All good except starbucks is anti war, anti U.S & anti morality.....They won't get a dime from me.

snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines

Starbucks supports gay marriage in WA - Jan. 25, 2012
    The story about them not supporting the military is false, and this isn't the place to debate their position on gay marriage. But even if you don't support it, don't forget that some of the GLBT community are our allies:

About | Pink Pistols National
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

So, who went to Starbucks today to show our appreciation for their support of our 2A rights? My wife and I went this evening. I asked the girl at the counter if she had noticed any more business today than usual and if anyone had paid with $2 bills. She said yes it has been a little busier than usual and yes some people had paid with $2bills and that she knew what that meant. She said she supports the 2A and is interested in getting her carry license. She is trying to talk her boyfriend into going to a LGS and looking at handguns and taking some classes. I told her that even if he doesn't feel the need, she could still do so. Overall it was a great experience.

Anyone else?

I participated with my wife in Nampa, Id.

Yes, wife and I stopped by yesterday morning and the lady at the counter knew nothing about it.

When I explained it too her, she just said "That's nice"
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I am in. It went well last year I hit the one in Wisconsin Dells
    I hit the one in Eau Claire last year and yesterday as well.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Come on guys. Is that it? I expected a better response to the Starbucks Appreciation Day.

they wouldn't let my dog in. He was OC too.

Visited them twice.

Re: Starbucks Appreciation Day 2013

I went in with an Anti friend.... She paid. Ooooh the irony :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Re: Starbucks Appreciation Day 2013

Didn't know anything about it until now. I will go next year though. I need some $2 bills though. I went on the 12th at my work place. May have to start going a little more often now that I know they support our 2nd amendment rights.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

We were 6 at the Starbucks near the entrance to UWF in Pensacola, Fl. It was rather busy at 10:30 am so we had to wait for a table. All the employees were new except one and she remembered us from last year.We paid and tipped generously with $2 bills.

Florida being a non OC state, four showed our colors with [U]I Love Guns and Coffee t-shirts. I Love Guns & CoffeeThe other 2 wore NRA caps. The shirts generated a number of curiosity looks and a some questions. Oddly?all the questions and 2 requests for a photo were made by ladies. In a way, we found that encouraging.

Hopefully the tradition will continue and grow. We need all the positive ambassadorship we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    We were 6 at the Starbucks near the entrance to UWF in Pensacola, Fl. It was rather busy at 10:30 am so we had to wait for a table. All the employees were new except one and she remembered us from last year.We paid and tipped generously with $2 bills.

Florida being a non OC state, four showed our colors with [U]I Love Guns and Coffee t-shirts. I Love Guns & CoffeeThe other 2 wore NRA caps. The shirts generated a number of curiosity looks and a some questions. Oddly?all the questions and 2 requests for a photo were made by ladies. In a way, we found that encouraging.

Hopefully the tradition will continue and grow. We need all the positive ambassadorship we can get.
    Glad it went well. It's cool that the one employee remembered you from last year. As to the hi-lighted line from your post, we need to do a better job of getting the word out. I fell down on the job myself this year. Next year I'm going to start telling people about it a month or so in advance so they can make arrangements to go, and I'll remind them again maybe a few days ahead of the 14th. It's important to support businesses that support the 2A, and to let them know why you're giving them your business.

All good except starbucks is anti war, anti U.S & anti morality.....They won't get a dime from me.

Just saying it sounds strange to be against someone for being anti war. The other stuff I get. Gay marriage though... Who cares what people do in private. If Starbucks is willing to stand up to their bleeding heart liberal buddies for the 2a then why not support them? We can't agree on everything all the time, ask the libertarian party how that has worked out for them.
    inneyeseakay likes this.

Pics

c059.jpg Just a photo of our 2013 Starbucks Appreciation visit.

006.jpg And one from 2012.

How would they be Anti- U.S. if they're allowing open carry in their stores? That doesn't make sense. The war issue I don't really care. I'm sure Steve Jobs from Apple and majority of Apple employees are very liberal and Anti-War and I'd be surprised if there were not any members on here who have Iphones, Ipads, and Macs at home. Starbucks supports equal rights. Honestly who cares if it's Gay Marriage or not. My wife has some gay friends who are actually pro-gun and have some really nice collections. Starbucks mocha anything is one of the best tasting caffeine drinks I've ever had. I don't care how expensive they are, it's worth it to me. I don't give like giving Chick-fil-a money either because they're a pro-christian organization. But I do anyways because the food is decent for what it is.
    inneyeseakay and ArmedWebGuy like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links