What would you do if robbed at gunpoint?

This is a discussion on What would you do if robbed at gunpoint? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Call me simplistic but if you point a gun at me and I dont know you and its not a water pistol Im defending my ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: What would you do if robbed at gunpoint?

Call me simplistic but if you point a gun at me and I dont know you and its not a water pistol Im defending my life.
    The law stating I cant shoot to protect property at that point is moot. From the moment youve pointed a gun, drew a knife, etc on me the only way I would know for dead sure is waiting for you to use it on me.
    Im pretty sure there isnt anywhere cc is allowed or oc etc that the burden of proof for fearing for your life extends to waiting to actually being shot or stabbed before acting to prevent it.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

2. Remove Ads

This is why I don't pocket carry. Hard to access your firearm. I carry 2 revolvers. One AIWB and one strong side hip. Carrying on the hip isn't the most comfortable for me, but is at least a second faster drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by TXshooter3 View Post
    I'm in Texas, not Wisconsin.

Seriously though, if someone is pointing a gun at me, my life is threatened.
    So in TX you can shoot someone even if not a threat?

Anyway ... Yeah it's a threat... But if a BG meant to kill the victim I doubt he/they would wait and make demands.. But drawing against a pointed gun is still suicide
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXshooter3 View Post
    This was the episode where the two college kids in Philly/Detroit/Cleveland (somewhere in the northheast) were looking for their dog and went into the perp's back yard looking for it. The perp came out a few minutes later to rob them on the street. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pretty sad.

I think i remember this one. Wasn't the poor kid carrying an unloaded pistol? And then one of the BG's tried to execute the surviving friend with it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    So in TX you can shoot someone even if not a threat?

Anyway ... Yeah it's a threat... But if a BG meant to kill the victim I doubt he/they would wait and make demands.. But drawing against a pointed gun is still suicide
    Drawing against the drop is a last ditch effort. But you need to maybe think from the Bgs point of view here.
    Say you are going to rob and kill me? Now do you want to have all my goodies stashed and ready to run before you possibly alert nearby cops or public. Or do you want the report of a firearm drawing unwanted attention before you can get your loot??
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    I think i remember this one. Wasn't the poor kid carrying an unloaded pistol? And then one of the BG's tried to execute the surviving friend with it?
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Drawing against the drop is a last ditch effort. But you need to maybe think from the Bgs point of view here.
    Say you are going to rob and kill me? Now do you want to have all my goodies stashed and ready to run before you possibly alert nearby cops or public. Or do you want the report of a firearm drawing unwanted attention before you can get your loot??
    Good point and very strategic! I hope they are not as smart!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Well the guy robbing me would probably shoot me out of anger if he didnt intend to in the first place since he probably would only get like 10 bucks

Re: What would you do if robbed at gunpoint?

Why on earth was he carrying an unloaded gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Well the guy robbing me would probably shoot me out of anger if he didnt intend to in the first place since he probably would only get like 10 bucks
    Dang, your rich, can I borrow a fin?

oops your wife just found out you were holding back that ten spot, welcome back to the club
    mkphillips likes this.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

Most of these street thugs cannot shoot straight as I have seen in multiple U-Tube Video's, I will take my chances with a toss to one side of the goods and get off the X to the other side while drawing and shooting the perp to the ground. Then I will go over grab my cell phone to report armed robbery stopped with BG down and he needing an ambulance. These folks are easily interrupted in their OODA loops with most anything as they are not expecting it. I am going down to the right or left and shooting up into the perp. He will likely be shooting over my head as they wave their guns in a wild manner when shooting. Time to get this trash off the street with smart thinking and training.
    Cold Shot, sebring and Aceoky like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    Dang, your rich, can I borrow a fin?

oops your wife just found out you were holding back that ten spot, welcome back to the club
    Note I said if one did. If one was right now it would be more like 3 bucks and some pocket lint

If someone tried to rob me,with anything other than a gun,i will shoot him,if i can.So far as someone pointing a gun at me,i have zero clue,what i would do.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    Tough spot... I have always thought drawing against a pointing gun is suicide.. First off, stay alive, an armed robbery does not mean the BG(s) are going to shoot you and according to the law you can only use deadly force to defend your life not to protect property.
    Do what? Surely you aren't suggesting that if someone is robbing you at gun point that they aren't threatening your life. If so, that is utterly ridiculous.
    ”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
    Ben Franklin

1. Hope I don't need to change my underwear
    2. Hand over my cash, cards, ect (but not weapon(s))
    3. Play it by ear. Can't out-draw the perp, but if I'm going to be shot/stabbed anyway, pray that I will at least go down swinging.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links