First Few OC Ventures!

First Few OC Ventures!

This is a discussion on First Few OC Ventures! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Made my first venture about a week or so ago to Walmart, had the glock 22 on my hip and went about my normal shopping. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: First Few OC Ventures!

First Few OC Ventures!

Made my first venture about a week or so ago to Walmart, had the glock 22 on my hip and went about my normal shopping. A few noticed my firearm, looked up at me then kept on their business. It seemed most people didn't even notice it was there! Few days later I went to Target, and then Chipotle for dinner. Same things a few noticed, looked up at me and went in their way, most had no clue it was even there. Been to a few gas stations with no one even saying a word, just very polite to me ( more then normal) .. My fiancée is OK with guns but she says having it out shopping is "embarrassing " whatever, she is warming up to it and realizing that it could save or lives some day. All in all so far good experiences.

However, a buddy if mine was open carrying at the local mall ( where I have carried a few times ) with his family eating in the food court. He was approached by 5 LEOs, and told they MUST take his gun and he MUST show his ID to them because he has a firearm on him ( LIE) . The LEO said he called his " NRA buddy" and he told him my friend must show ID ( LIE). The mall is not posted! Then mall security came out with this little card they had in the office that says no weapons. Garbage! He has this all on camera as well. These cops didn't know the law. He asked if he was being detained, they said no he tried to leave , they stopped him again, he asked them again am I being detained am I free to go. They said no and yes you are... They got outside , cuffed him took his firearm and locked him up for 3 days... Pretty unlawful.. Did I mention they didn't even read him his Miranda rights?!?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9C33 View Post
    Made my first venture about a week or so ago to Walmart, had the glock 22 on my hip and went about my normal shopping. A few noticed my firearm, looked up at me then kept on their business. It seemed most people didn't even notice it was there! Few days later I went to Target, and then Chipotle for dinner. Same things a few noticed, looked up at me and went in their way, most had no clue it was even there. Been to a few gas stations with no one even saying a word, just very polite to me ( more then normal) .. My fiancée is OK with guns but she says having it out shopping is "embarrassing " whatever, she is warming up to it and realizing that it could save or lives some day. All in all so far good experiences.

However, a buddy if mine was open carrying at the local mall ( where I have carried a few times ) with his family eating in the food court. He was approached by 5 LEOs, and told they MUST take his gun and he MUST show his ID to them because he has a firearm on him ( LIE) . The LEO said he called his " NRA buddy" and he told him my friend must show ID ( LIE). The mall is not posted! Then mall security came out with this little card they had in the office that says no weapons. Garbage! He has this all on camera as well. These cops didn't know the law. He asked if he was being detained, they said no he tried to leave , they stopped him again, he asked them again am I being detained am I free to go. They said no and yes you are... They got outside , cuffed him took his firearm and locked him up for 3 days... Pretty unlawful.. Did I mention they didn't even read him his Miranda rights?!?
    So I'm assuming he now owns the Mall, City it is located in and the Police department.

Just curious, what was he charged with that he was held in jail for 3 days?

Sorry, without something more than second hand knowledge, I'd have to say it's a BS story.
    USM1976 and jibbr71 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Charged with inducing panic. I watched the whole video from beginning to end, he did nothing wrong, remained calm, attempted to leave when asked to by mall personnel. They did not like that he knew more about the law then they did, that was his only crime. He's still going through the process now so I won't go into a ton of detail or post the video till its over with even though he said I could. But nothing was done wrong. Guess the cops " NRA Buddy" needs to attend a few more meetings. Even worse he is a so called instructor, lets hope he isn't spreading wrong information to his students

Ive seen something simular to this on here before. One word for your buddy "lawyer". Thats why I choose to cc instead of oc. Here in Indiana It says on the permit. Licence to carry handgun. They are silent on the oc but I hear they prefer concealed so you wont draw attention. Stay safe.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.

Oh, he lawyers up that day. Lawyer took the case immediately and isn't even the slightest bit worried about the case because of how many laws the cops broke, all on video :)

Any documentation of this event?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I'm calling BS on this story, at minimum BS on the version being told.

Any credible documentation of this event occurring?

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I'm calling BS on this story, at minimum BS on the version being told.

Any credible documentation of this event occurring?

I have a feeling the man who was arrested probably started running his mouth to the police officer...one of the worst things one can do when an officer contacts you for any reason...I'm very interested to know what the results of this arrest are....Misdemeanor of the 1st degree in Ohio is the same as a Class "B"misdemeanor in Texas...up to six months and a fine of $1000...Texas has fines up to $2000

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I'm waiting to see where this one goes.

Full documentation via phone video.. All the way till they took him outside then took his phone. Ill get it posted up as soon as its safe to do so. I promise the version told IS what happened I watched it 4 times in a row. From beginning to end.

I again asked him about sharing he again gave me the go ahead. It is on my main Facebook page. Check it out here ..

www.facebook.com/JPalermo33

I again asked him about sharing he again gave me the go ahead. It is on my main Facebook page. Check it out here ..

I am not able to watch the video since your profile is private..

Grr I didn't realize they make you sign in to even view a profile.

I could not see it either. It's private.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Ill see if hell upload it via Youtube

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links