OC shot down in AR...

This is a discussion on OC shot down in AR... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry im sending from Xbox Live so i cant paste the actual email ATM... In a nutshell it said it got gutted on the floor--Only ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: OC shot down in AR...

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar

OC shot down in AR...

Sorry im sending from Xbox Live so i cant paste the actual email ATM...

In a nutshell it said it got gutted on the floor--Only 3 Dems voted for and even rural/unincorporated failed.

We've been on a roll in AR with teacher carry etc. I had high hopes...I guess theres always next time.

2. Remove Ads

on behalf of WA, i apologize for all your narrow minded legislators
    wishyouwell and moonraker like this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Keep fighting the good fight. Issac Newton discovered that with every action is an opposite and equal reaction. Anti-gunners need to know that their push will be returned.
    wishyouwell likes this.

They made the right choice.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Sounds to me like the "left" choice
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

just because the majority passed it doesnt mean its right. or in this case left?
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

How do you figure that?
    wishyouwell likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Had a feeling it wouldn't pass. Didn't see the need until it was explained to me last week. The advantage of not worrying about showing/ printing would be a plus. Also Store owners, etc. Could open carry. The news ran a story, of course. Legislator explained neighboring states allow, without it being the "Wild West". I wouldn't have carried open, anyway, but would've been nice. I am proud of the AR House and Senate, trying to put as much as they can out there to stop the gun-grab garbage, though. We now have our CCL records protected from the public, and University Faculty/Staff with CCL can carry as long as approved by the School. Only problem, If the University of Arkansas says no, it means no for every campus (at least 4 of them).
    "As the economy gets weak, the dollar loses value. Invest in precious metals." I'm investing in lead.

Spoken like a true CC'er!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    CCW rights in AR were not in any way infringed, teacher carry is a controversial issue that they pushed through and I'm glad they did. I don't want people OCing period.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    It's debatable.

In the current climate i'll take any pro gun wins. Especially ones as no nonsense as OC. I've never seen many criminals proudly displaying their weapon in the open. I don't see any other states who allow it turning into the wild west, just yet.

Even though i much prefer CC, i don't see why any person in the US who can acquire a permit shouldn't be able to OC if they so feel inclined. I don't even see the need for a permit in most cases... As a law abiding citizen, the 2nd should really be all i need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lnafree View Post
    Had a feeling it wouldn't pass. Didn't see the need until it was explained to me last week. The advantage of not worrying about showing/ printing would be a plus. Also Store owners, etc. Could open carry. The news ran a story, of course. Legislator explained neighboring states allow, without it being the "Wild West". I wouldn't have carried open, anyway, but would've been nice. I am proud of the AR House and Senate, trying to put as much as they can out there to stop the gun-grab garbage, though. We now have our CCL records protected from the public, and University Faculty/Staff with CCL can carry as long as approved by the School. Only problem, If the University of Arkansas says no, it means no for every campus (at least 4 of them).
    Yes! The teachers and private records are HUGE wins. We'll deal with the U of A when the time comes. Maybe if they decline they will change their minds in due time once seeing how it works out for others

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Haha. It's obvious most all of us like CCing... But how would he feel if the tables were turned and only OC were allowed because some lawmaker decided his unseen weapon was too much of a threat to everyone and since it's hidden he must have some bad motives? After all, most all criminals are concealing their weapons before deploying them in defiance of the law... It's imperative we don't get too prejudice... Especially when we're virtually on the same team----------------

Here's the original email for fwiw:

The open carry bill was run in the Arkansas House Judiciary Committee today and was gutted during its presentation. It was amended during presentation to allow open carry in unincorporated/rural areas only. Even that severe restriction failed to pass committee today. It failed with 9 members voting YES. 6 Republicans and 3 Democrats voted for it all other Democrats voted against it. It needs 11 votes to pass out of committee.

You can find out more information by visiting Arkansas Carry.

Regards,
    Chris Matthews
    Executive Director
    Arkansas Carry

This message is from Chris Matthews who started the petition "The Governor of AR: Restore the right of citizens to carry firearms openly or concealed.," which you signed on Change.org.
    Aceoky likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Re: OC shot down in AR...

As late as we were to getting CC passed here in Wisconsin, surprises me OC isn't allowed in some states. OC was legal here before CC was.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.

CCW rights in AR were not in any way infringed, teacher carry is a controversial issue that they pushed through and I'm glad they did. I don't want people OCing period.
    even when camping? hunting? or hiking?
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Spoken like a true gun control advocate. No doubt a supporter of "reasonable gun measures".

Banning OC is gun control. I am against gun control. Support of an OC ban is support for gun control.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

But OC rights WERE infringed. What have you got against OC?

The second amendment says the right to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed. Doesn't say "concealed" bearing or "open" bearing of arms, so it sounds like your trashing half of the bearing of arms because you have something against OC?
    wishyouwell likes this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links