* OC ?? I Dont Understand WHy.......

This is a discussion on * OC ?? I Dont Understand WHy....... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand that people OC for many reasons . I have trouble understanding why people would draw attention to themselves from police and others in ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: * OC ?? I Dont Understand WHy.......

* OC ?? I Dont Understand WHy.......

I understand that people OC for many reasons . I have trouble understanding why people would draw attention to themselves from police and others in public. I also understand that NOT everyone is allowed a CCW permit. I am not against OC, but would have a hard time explaining myself over & over again to police and others and wasting my day instead of CC'ing and nobody knows weather or not i have a weapon. Im going CC all the way ....Thanks
    Smarshe, SCXDm9 and Bigpoppa48 like this.
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good for you.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    It's not your job to understand why. I don't understand why my GF needs 50 pairs of shoes but more power to her for doing so.

If OC isn't for you then don't do it. It's really that simple.

I am not trying to start an argument here, Im new to even owning a weapon.. Just trying to get a feel thats all... Like I said , Im not against people who OC...
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

I have carried openly in Deleware
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

VIP Member
    Hmmm. An OC/CC debate.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

OC....CC.....as long as it's legal......who really cares, the decision is yours....don't bother me either way.

Generally speaking, open carry is a more comfortable way to carry. Open carry allows easier access to the firearm since you don't have to deal with cover garments and such. And, if done properly in the right environment, most people that you encounter while open carrying either won't notice or won't care. That's been my experience anyway.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    I open carry my Jimenez JA-22 in an exposed shoulder holster. People notice that.
    pittypat21, carracer and Once like this.

Quote Originally Posted by satansbedbugs View Post
    I understand that people OC for many reasons . I have trouble understanding why people would draw attention to themselves from police and others in public. I also understand that NOT everyone is allowed a CCW permit. I am not against OC, but would have a hard time explaining myself over & over again to police and others and wasting my day instead of CC'ing and nobody knows weather or not i have a weapon. Im going CC all the way ....Thanks
    Welcome to the forums, I'm glad you've decided to take your personal safety seriously.

Passed that, I don't quite understand why you're bothering to post here. This is clearly a subforum for those who OC, coming in to state your confusion and then state how you won't ever do it....makes this a pretty superfluous post. If you had come in asking for information, or maybe tips on how to try it that be one thing. Otherwise, you've just started another pointless debate point.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; February 27th, 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    I don't understand why someone who carries a gun has a problem with someone else carrying a gun.

Maybe, just maybe if open carrying wouldn't have "died" away over the years we might have less of the problems we are facing now from the anti-gun crowd...................
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Rock and Glock likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satansbedbugs View Post
    I am not trying to start an argument here, Im new to even owning a weapon.. Just trying to get a feel thats all... Like I said , Im not against people who OC...
    Fair enough. Let me give a few reasons why I support OC though I only do it on certain occasions.

Reason to OC:

1) Because failure to exercise your rights will lead to them being taken away.
    2)Because it's generally more comfortable.
    3)Easier and faster to draw weapon.
    4)Can deter criminals.

When I lived in TN I would always open carry while doing outdoor activites such as hiking. It was more comfortable and there were generally very few people around. I'm personally not comfortable OCing in a crowded shopping mall but I'm not going to be upset if someone does this so long as they are responsible and carry themselves with class.

I now live in Florida where OC is not legal. I'm constantly paranoid now that my gun will be exposed accidentally. It's frustrating and nerve wracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    What rules violation? I haven't seen any ....yet
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links