texas law shield, armed citizen or similar

This is a discussion on texas law shield, armed citizen or similar within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody used them? Are you members? I read the story of Mr. Hickey on the armed citizens website and I think what happened to ...

View Poll Results: Are you a member of a law shield

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 12.90%
  • No

45 72.58%
  • I will be soon.

2 3.23%
  • considering it

7 11.29%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: texas law shield, armed citizen or similar

Has anybody used them? Are you members? I read the story of Mr. Hickey on the armed citizens website and I think what happened to him could have been avoided with money or their help. What makes me almost want nothing to do with the armed citizen is the statement I am about to paraphrase because I dont remember exactly.

" Mr. Hickey is a trainer at a school that we offer instructors free membership, but because he didnt sign up we are not going to offer the funding to help him out"

I think thats complete BS, I understand the arguement that because he wasnt signed up he dosnet derserve the benefit. But because he was a teacher and supported their product it should have been allowed. I know with the way society is going that some of us will end up in court over protecting ourselfs, family and complete innocent bystanders. My vote in the poll is I will join a network similar to one of these or maybe one of them after I have contacted them for my wife and I.

Steve

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Evidently no one seems to know what you're talking about.
    IsaiahM33 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

A basic rule of insurance is that if you don't apply or pay, you don't get covered. You kinda have to meet them half way. He missed step one. Texas Law Shield is a prepaid legal service program. It is a for profit group and they only work for members. Mr Hickey made a decision-no coverage-and the lawyers have no duty to pay for his legal fees. Mr Hickey is an adult. He makes his own decisions, then lives with the results.

I am not a member of a Law Shield but I can sure see where having someone/or some outfit in my corner should the need ever arise would sure make me feel better, especially when I had my day(s) in court.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I think it is better to know the law, know your rights and have an attorneys contact info available.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
    Has anybody used them? Are you members? I read the story of Mr. Hickey on the armed citizens website and I think what happened to him could have been avoided with money or their help. What makes me almost want nothing to do with the armed citizen is the statement I am about to paraphrase because I dont remember exactly.

" Mr. Hickey is a trainer at a school that we offer instructors free membership, but because he didnt sign up we are not going to offer the funding to help him out"

Steve, I am interested in some clarification on your quote here because I am not clear about which site you have taken it from. You mention the 'Armed Citizens' site, yet the quote does not appear anywhere there that I can find. I do not believe that Mr. Hickey is a member with us. Could you please link to it so I may address it more specifically?

I think thats complete BS, I understand the arguement that because he wasnt signed up he dosnet derserve the benefit.

I'm glad that you understand that someone who has not paid for a service has no claim to, or right to that service for free.

But because he was a teacher and supported their product it should have been allowed.

Any business is grateful for support and kind words from potential customers, yet that does not constitute giving their services or products away. I like the car dealer near my house and I say nice things about them, but they aren't going to give me a Buick. I know that you see the logic here.

I know with the way society is going that some of us will end up in court over protecting ourselfs, family and complete innocent bystanders. My vote in the poll is I will join a network similar to one of these or maybe one of them after I have contacted them for my wife and I.

Steve
    Personally, I have memberships with two legal 'shield ' companies, and I am on staff at the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, as noted in my signature. I find the products to be well worth the money and completely honest i their representation of the benefits of membership. Of course, every individual must make that determination for themselves.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

As a member of USCCA, I am automatically covered by a shield, and have a lawyer of record in case I need it.

Sponsored Links