Washington open carry

Washington open carry

This is a discussion on Washington open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just applying for my Utah permit to carry in WA for work. However it can take up to 60 days and I maybe working their ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington open carry

Washington open carry

Just applying for my Utah permit to carry in WA for work.
    However it can take up to 60 days and I maybe working their sooner.

I looked and there are no laws against open carry.

I prefer concealed especially outside of Montana and Wyoming. But between being naked and open carry I'll open the carry.

What's the attitude towards open carry in central WA?

What's a link to Seattle gun laws?

In God and Glock we Trust

No real issues I have seen carrying in E. Wa or Central WA open. Be presentable and represent responsible carry and you will be just fine.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I OC'd in Spokane area when I lived there, but I left there in '93. The Seattle blight may have spread over the Cascades by now.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Open carry here is 100% legal, if you are legal to own a gun. Period.

Just be aware of where you can and cannot legally carry a gun, IE: Bars, schools, police stations, etc. You can visit Washington for more specifics if you wish.

Don't know what the attitudes are in Central WA as far as open carry goes, I live in Seattle and I open carry here on a daily basis. It's 100% legal so I don't care what people think. Peoples attitudes towards you carrying openly will base soley on your appearance, if you look confident and presentable (not a cheese body, haven't shaved in days, smell etc) people are going to not have a problem with you. If you look off the fringes and/or a criminal than people's attitudes towards you are not going to be good. We live in a superficial world, appearance goes a long way and when you are carrying a gun that is going to make your first impression on people either bad or good there isn't any in between (to non gun people).

Open carried into the walgreens today and there was a unarmed female security guard standing at the front....she didn't say anything to me. Most likely didn't want to chase off the person who is the real security in the building :D

I guess you can't have a loaded gun in your vehicle without a permit...? So that means u loading and locking the weapon each time I get out...

What a pain! Here any legal person can have a loaded gun any where in the vehicle. Concealed or open. Oh well. I'm mailing my Utah permit info off on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post
    I guess you can't have a loaded gun in your vehicle without a permit...? So that means u loading and locking the weapon each time I get out...

What a pain! Here any legal person can have a loaded gun any where in the vehicle. Concealed or open. Oh well. I'm mailing my Utah permit info off on Monday.

Correct. It is very lame. I don't get it either.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Thanks, i'll be in the Puyallup/ Tacoma area in the last week of June. Armed.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Thanks, i'll be in the Puyallup/ Tacoma area in the last week of June. Armed.
    You'll be fine. I OC daily and have never had an issue.

Does a gunbuster sign carry the weight of law there? Planning on visiting the Boeing Museum, LeMay car collection, and some other stuff while there with a car club.

Does not carry the weight of law, but the property owner can prohibit you from being on their property with a gun. If they don't want it there, they can ask you to leave, and you can be charged with trespassing if you don't. Just be careful of that.

We have state preemption here, so no municipalities or counties are able to make any gun regulations over and above what is in the state laws.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    Does not carry the weight of law, but the property owner can prohibit you from being on their property with a gun. If they don't want it there, they can ask you to leave, and you can be charged with trespassing if you don't. Just be careful of that.

We have state preemption here, so no municipalities or counties are able to make any gun regulations over and above what is in the state laws.
    Same as CA. My CCW is good in SF no matter what they think there.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post

That's dumb. >:(

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInEdmonds View Post
    Open carry here is 100% legal, if you are legal to own a gun. Period.

Just be aware of where you can and cannot legally carry a gun, IE: Bars, schools, police stations, etc. You can visit Washington for more specifics if you wish.
    No restriction on Police Stations other than the secure areas.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links