Open carry today

Open carry today

This is a discussion on Open carry today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a rally at the State capitol today in Baton Rouge. A lot of peope showed up for it on the front steps of ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By oldman45
  • 3 Post By archer51
  • 4 Post By PEF
  • 1 Post By Takeem406
  • 3 Post By tubadude
  • 2 Post By oldman45
  • 1 Post By OD*

Thread: Open carry today

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Open carry today

There is a rally at the State capitol today in Baton Rouge. A lot of peope showed up for it on the front steps of the Capitol to show their support for new gun law bills and to show their satisfaction with the laws in place now.

Apparently many could not make it as I could not either due to some loose ends I had to figure out with work.

About 2pm, I went to eat at an Olive Garden restaurant. I wore my shoulder holster with the spare mags and cuffs. To conceal that, I wore a tactical wind breaker with Accident Investigation Unit written on it. Went inside the restaurant and a couple was at the table next to us. The man was dressed in jeans and t-shirt. He was wearing a revolver on his side as he ate with a lady. Later, a young man in his early 20s came in and sat across the aisle with two good looking ladies. He was dressed in walking shorts and a polo shirt. He was wearing aGlock on his side. I ate and as I walked out, two men came in carrying openly.

It was a great feeling seeing all these people that were armed. There is no way of knowing who may have been carrying concealed but I know there were several people there carrying and I have never seen that many at one time. Usually I might see one or two people OC during a weeks time.
    carracer and Aceoky like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    You mean no BG's shot them down to take their guns??!! After all, we know that is their preferred method of obtaining guns.
    carracer, perfection and baren like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    There is a rally at the State capitol today in Baton Rouge. A lot of peope showed up for it on the front steps of the Capitol to show their support for new gun law bills and to show their satisfaction with the laws in place now...... Later, a young man in his early 20s came in and sat across the aisle with two good looking ladies. He was dressed in walking shorts and a polo shirt. He was wearing aGlock on his side....
    Oh Great. Now all the Glocker's are going add "attracts good looking women" to the list of Glock virtues.
    Lish, Aceoky, NOLAJ and 1 others like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Oh Great. Now all the Glocker's are going add "attracts good looking women" to the list of Glock virtues.
    My chick digs my Glock!

In God and Glock we Trust
    PEF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    My girlfriend prefers my 1911 to my Glocks. There is still some sanity left in the world.
    carracer, PEF and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Sounds like it might have been an informal meet, especially in light of the rally in BR. I couldn't make it to that rally or Olive Garden today.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Sounds like it might have been an informal meet, especially in light of the rally in BR. I couldn't make it to that rally or Olive Garden today.
    I could not make it either but it was not an informal rally. None of those carrying spoke to the other.

As to the Glock comments, I am long winded and very opinionated. I could write a book on Glocks that would make War and Peace seem like a newspaper article. Glocks work as they were designed. They are ugly as are many other guns made these day are. They do work although I counsider them to be more dangerous than any other gun. They are not ergonomically correct. Glock owners are not in love with their guns but they buy in to the popularity of the gun that was bought by Ashton Glock in the 80s. I own some Glocks and shoot them on occasion. Yet the women like my other guns since they are works of art made by skilled gunsmiths. I wanted to use a photo of me as an avatar but it got me booted from another forum since it showed my gun, my badge, my face and a semi clothed young lady on my side. The moderators felt that it was not family friendly since it showed my face. I decided not to try it here. Anyway, most here and other places were not around when Glock bribed it's way into popularity. They are nothing more than a basic working gun that is made for very little per gun. Also, there are lots of lawsuits against Glock for personal injury.

OK, lets get back to the comment about good looking women. I love them. Most are built just right. The only problem with good looking women is that they cost more to keep around than any firearm I own.
    Aceoky and carracer like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    The BG's must have been on break or you know there would have been a big robbery to get all those guns. LOL. I'm glad to see those who choose to exercise their OC rights do so.

OK, lets get back to the comment about good looking women. I love them. Most are built just right. The only problem with good looking women is that they cost more to keep around than any firearm I own.
    You know I have to give it to you guys in Louisiana, y'all do build some pretty dang good ones (my wife is from over there) and she is definitely expensive.... Haha.

As far as being on topic though, I have to applaud all the folks that showed up to support and exercise their rights and even the ones that couldn't but wanted to. Hopefully we can get some of the same participation and acceptance here in MS after July 1.

OD*
    I could not make it either but it was not an informal rally. None of those carrying spoke to the other.

As to the Glock comments, I am long winded and very opinionated. I could write a book on Glocks that would make War and Peace seem like a newspaper article. Glocks work as they were designed. They are ugly as are many other guns made these day are. They do work although I counsider them to be more dangerous than any other gun. They are not ergonomically correct. Glock owners are not in love with their guns but they buy in to the popularity of the gun that was bought by Ashton Glock in the 80s. I own some Glocks and shoot them on occasion. Yet the women like my other guns since they are works of art made by skilled gunsmiths. I wanted to use a photo of me as an avatar but it got me booted from another forum since it showed my gun, my badge, my face and a semi clothed young lady on my side. The moderators felt that it was not family friendly since it showed my face. I decided not to try it here. Anyway, most here and other places were not around when Glock bribed it's way into popularity. They are nothing more than a basic working gun that is made for very little per gun. Also, there are lots of lawsuits against Glock for personal injury.

Ashton Glock, is he related to Ashton Kutcher or Gaston Glock?
    Aceoky likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Sponsored Links