Open carry and jogging

This is a discussion on Open carry and jogging within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've recently began jogging again. I want to carry when I jog because even though I'm in what most would consider a good area it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GhostDuck

Thread: Open carry and jogging

Open carry and jogging

I've recently began jogging again.
    I want to carry when I jog because even though I'm in what most would consider a good area it isn't far from some quite shady areas. I'm also having to jog between 9-11 at night. I jog with my 70lb german shepherd mix and a 120 lumen light.

I think that OC is my most comfortable option. I just want to know what you guys think.

My fear is being seen by a sheeple running while OC and I end up with a MWAG(Running) call.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I guess it depends on the temp and how much you wear. Here in WI it is cold enough at night to wear a light jacket in the summer. Also depends on what you plan to carry. I got a NAA 22mag LR for my jogs and bike rides just to have something. Its not good for much more than 15 feet. But I figure its better than a sharp stick in the eye.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I had the same thoughts but now I find that a remora with drawstring shorts and my Glock 26 is quite comfortable. I'm not sure how comfortable a belt would be while running

I actually just went for a few mile jog (10PM here). Its 40 here, but I just wore a light jacket over my gun.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoliv66 View Post
    I had the same thoughts but now I find that a remora with drawstring shorts and my Glock 26 is quite comfortable. I'm not sure how comfortable a belt would be while running
    I am using a Trojan tactical scabbard http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...dex/Detail.bokand a G23.

I don't wear jogging shorts or mesh shorts. I usually wear what are called aftco shorts. http://www.aftco.com/original-fishin...s-945-prd1.htm

Lightweight, comfortable, dry super fast, great pockets and big belt loops.

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    I actually just went for a few mile jog (10PM here). Its 40 here, but I just wore a light jacket over my gun.
    It was 72 during my jog tonight. Jacket isn't really an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

VIP Member
    Considering the time of day your jogging, I wouldn't worry about someone seeing it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbuffett556 View Post
    I jog with my 70lb german shepherd mix and a 120 lumen light.
    People may just think you are an off duty K9 officer!
    NH_Esau and ItalianSteel like this.

Links