Cowboy rig for modern pistol?

This is a discussion on Cowboy rig for modern pistol? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need help!! I know I have seen these prior buy I cannot find them now. I have a Beretta 92 and I'd like a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dangerranger
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Cowboy rig for modern pistol?

I need help!! I know I have seen these prior buy I cannot find them now. I have a Beretta 92 and I'd like a drop cowboy rig for it. Any ideas of makers? I know the one I saw before was close to $300 but I'll be dammed I cannot find it anywhere.
    If you know please share.
    Thanks,

VIP Member
    You might contact Tucker Gunleather. It would probably be a special order item, but if you can survive the sticker shock, they can probably set you up.

Tucker Gun Leather | Premium Leather Gun Holsters

Kirkpatrick Leather Co. is another option.

Kirkpatrick Concealment Holsters
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    archer51 beat me to it, I have a couple Tucker Holsters and love them. They have the old time look with a modern twist and match quite well with todays guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    I need help!! I know I have seen these prior buy I cannot find them now. I have a Beretta 92 and I'd like a drop cowboy rig for it. Any ideas of makers? I know the one I saw before was close to $300 but I'll be dammed I cannot find it anywhere.
    If you know please share.
    Thanks,
    A decent quality cowboy leather rig generally costs at least $200-300 minimum if you want any tooling on it. I used to think that was crazy until I started making holsters and tooling leather. There is a lot of leather, stitching, tooling, dying, edging and other work that goes into making them, and it takes a lot of time.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Crashoften likes this.

Administrator
    Brett can make you whatever you want. You might need to also purchase the Blue Gun for your Beretta 92 so that he can mold your holster to the gun.

Since that is not a common firearm that cowboy holster makers typically make a cowboy rig for.

Having a custom rig built is not cheap but, when you factor in that you'll have it for the rest of your life and you'll also be able to hand it down as a family heirloom it's a very neat and great investment.

glockman10mm likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks guys, Mernickle was the one I had seen previously. I want that Hollywood Automatic in the drop style. But you guys all gave some great ideas with the others as well. I didn't know about the cowboy side match for 1911's either that looks fun.
    Redbeardsong I'm not complaining about the price I can only imagine the time and effort that goes into leather work.

Administrator
    If you really want to go full blown custom you should have a row of about 6 magazine pouches stitched onto your Western leather gun belt instead of individual bullet loops.

That would be quite cool and x-tra expensive.

Thinking about bullet loops on a rig made for an automatic makes me chuckle. A couple of years ago I was in Los Algodones, a border town, with a friend buying some low-cost meds for the family dog. The "security guard" in the store had some Beretta-like auto stuffed into a revolver holster, fortunately restrained by a thrumb break, but by God he had the cartridge loops on the back of the belt filled with 9mm. He was ready to reload!
    QKShooter likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Thinking about bullet loops on a rig made for an automatic makes me chuckle. A couple of years ago I was in Los Algodones, a border town, with a friend buying some low-cost meds for the family dog. The "security guard" in the store had some Beretta-like auto stuffed into a revolver holster, fortunately restrained by a thrumb break, but by God he had the cartridge loops on the back of the belt filled with 9mm. He was ready to reload!

Administrator
    I remember reading about how some folks modified pistol magazines so that they could be used to "thumb" cartridges from the magazines into a revolver cylinder for quicker reloading.

I'm sure that was before "speed strips" were invented.

One of those sites had rigs that buckled in the back so you had more room in the front for 4 mags, and a couple shot & rifle shells! I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough to have a buckle in the back! lol

Links