Holiday weekend

Holiday weekend

This is a discussion on Holiday weekend within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went on call yesterday at 4:30pm and will be on call until Tuesday, the 28th, at 9am. Yet life goes on. Being on call, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By oldman45
  • 2 Post By RightsEroding

Thread: Holiday weekend

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Holiday weekend

I went on call yesterday at 4:30pm and will be on call until Tuesday, the 28th, at 9am. Yet life goes on. Being on call, I have to carry my sidearm in the event I am called out. So.... today I was wearing my usual western attire: jeans, boots, western long sleeve shirt and Resistol western hat. On my side was my trusted, loved and constant companion, my S&W 1911 stainless.

I went to two Walmarts, a CVS, a McDonalds, a Home Depot, a service station, a tire dealer and a large grocery store. Openly carrying all the time with my credentials in possession but not publically displayed.

Not one single person made any indication they noticed I was carrying. A couple of people asked my advice on some purchases. Nobody ran away screaming, nobody called police or security.

Living where OC is a way of life is great.

So where did you OC today on this holiday weekend?
    carracer likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Sounds like you had a good positive (read that as uneventful) day. That's as it should be, and as it actually is for the vast majority of people who choose to OC.

I spent the day at a family gathering in MD, so I couldn't carry at all, open or concealed. I hate going into MD, but sometimes it can't be avoided. The only option would have been to not go to the gathering, but family is important to me so I was begrudgingly willing to go without.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I am glad to hear that you had a good day of OC with no issues.
    I live in Texas, so I had a full day of CC..... maybe someday we will pass open carry.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    Yesterday and today will be the normal places I always open carry. Tomorrow I'll be OC'ing at the Virginia War Memorial Services in downtown Richmond.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Yesterday I was in line at a convenience store with city police officer behind me also checking out.
    Not a single word until I walked out of the store to pump gas; he was pumping gas too.

The exchange? HIM: "Good morning, how ya' doin'?" ME: "Great! How you doing?"

Mutual respect and a LE officer who knows felons don't OC.
    carracer and oldman45 like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Sponsored Links