So how many other Illinois are in shock right now. Could it actually be?

This is a discussion on So how many other Illinois are in shock right now. Could it actually be? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So do we count it a victory ? Are we actually going to have CC. While not perfect it still seems like a victory. I ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: So how many other Illinois are in shock right now. Could it actually be?

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar

So how many other Illinois are in shock right now. Could it actually be?

So do we count it a victory ? Are we actually going to have CC. While not perfect it still seems like a victory. I cant help but be negative and wonder if something will happen. This is after all Illinois.

2. Remove Ads

I'm still waiting to find out whether or not Obama or Emmanuel tells Quinn to veto this legislation.
    jrclen likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Don't live there and never will. However, for those of you that do, we are all hoping for the best. These draconian laws need to be overturned, one state at a time.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

MJK
    I understand this legislation is now on Governor Quinn's desk. If he signs then congratulations will be in order. If he doesn't sign then on June 9 concealed carry will be permitted in accordance with the federal district court's ruling and congratulations will be in order.

Checkmate.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I just want to see reciprocity with Missouri. Sick of unloading & storing it in a case every time I cross the state line.
    zonker1986 and XD9rottie like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I just want to see reciprocity with Missouri. Sick of unloading & storing it in a case every time I cross the state line.
    We can always hope but I wouldn't make book on it.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I'm still waiting to find out whether or not Obama or Emmanuel tells Quinn to veto this legislation.
    The law passed with enough of a majority to make it veto proof. He has no choice...for once.
    Aceoky likes this.

16 hours of training required. I am thinking that's not entirely bad. I know I need it.

I hope the best for you guys. Keep on persevering.
    CIBMike likes this.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by Scramble4a5 View Post
    16 hours of training required. I am thinking that's not entirely bad. I know I need it.
    I trust you to do what's best for you and your family without the state mandate.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I hope it goes well for you all up there! Heck, we were dang close to getting a national reciprocity law passed through the Senate during all the gun control crap, but it didn't pass. It was fairly close though and that's a good sign for when it's brought up again at a later time. Man... it would be so good to be able to go to any state and carry with one state's CCW permit. It would essentially make the USA a shall issue country because those states who don't come in line will just have there residents going to other states to get the permits. One can hope anyway. Good luck in IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    So do we count it a victory ? Are we actually going to have CC. While not perfect it still seems like a victory. I cant help but be negative and wonder if something will happen. This is after all Illinois.
    It's not signed yet. Until then, it's hard to know what they'll slip in behind the scenes. After June 10, we'll know. Until then (and even afterward), they are capable of anything. Remember: they don't feel they report to us; they're beholden to their agendas and their largest contributors, not us.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

So will the law be statewide, or does Chicago get to keep on being communist?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I'm still in shock, finally well will be able to carry in crook county!!!
    NRA, SAF, IllinoisCarry, ISRA member.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer14 View Post
    I'm still in shock, finally well will be able to carry in crook county!!!
    Be prepared to handle the inevitable fallout from blood "running in the streets" ... which it inevitably will, for awhile, as people realize they can indeed lawfully defend themselves with deadly force. Hopefully the felons will start going elsewhere, and keep killing themselves off. But hopefully being armed will help a few more citizens save their own lives against these animals.

Congrats on the new responsibilities!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links