Defensive Carry banner

Interesting experience

3K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  357and40 
#1 ·
The other day I was working outside on a project for a charity. It was hot so I took my shirt off. Most of the people I was working with know I carry and most carry themselves. It got close to lunch time and I told them I was going to lunch. I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and it was I was so hot I left my shirt off. When I walked into the restaurant there was a table full of ladies in the back. They all were staring at me. WOW! I was hot but I am not hot like that. I thought it was because of my open carrying. I sat down and ordered. While waiting the ladies got up to check out. To my surprise they were all wearing Glocks. It was a bunch of female deputies in plain clothes from the sheriffs department. Not a word was spoken.

#8 ·
Although I understand what you wish, from experience, most female police officers aren't hot...that's television...yep, they're all 22 years old with 10 years of experience.

Reactions: Aceoky
#13 ·
Oh, man . . . you deserve points for that one.

#9 ·
... except when one gets nods of approval. :tongue:

Can't say as I've ever tested those waters, myself. :embarassed:

A couple of questions for those at Table #8 might have been: What color pants did that guy have?, and Did you think he was a felon or just a typical CO dude in from the heat?

#15 ·
Well, then! Your highly-visible pecs, abs and delts are to be commended. Nods of approval from Table #8, no doubt, were for all that and more, eh? :yup:

#18 ·
My guess is they were trying to figure what department or alphabet agency. Right now a lot of borrow loan and trade is going on so unknown faces can work the local terrorist activity thought to be going on. Not unusual for new faces on that side of the coin show up under cover. Yes open carry could be undercover for certain groups.

#19 ·
My guess is they were trying to figure what department or alphabet agency.
Yeah ...

PECS -- Politic Extrajudicial Citizens' Service.
ABS -- Armed Bystander Society.
DELTS -- Defenders Eliciting Lovely Table Sounds (from Table #8, in this instance).
MANO -- 'Nuff said.

Thankfully, the undershirt was still on. In Colorado, too, it couldn't possibly have been with paunch, beer stains and "trimmings." 'Course, the steer dung, hay and trail must've been apparent. They left soon after you arrived, yeah? Maybe we did get it all wrong, not having been there ourselves.

:rofl:

My guess: LEO's doing what they do, they were simply evaluating the new clearly-armed arrival. It's not as though the chicken-fried steak held much allure.

#21 ·
Open carry wearing a tee shirt evokes an "interesting" experience? You folks in Colorado need to get out more. Wearing a long-sleeve shirt & tie in hot weather would attract more attention in the places that I lunch. :biggrin2:

Reactions: Aceoky
#24 ·
"Hey, big boy! That's your Model 29 ... and I'm happy to see ya!! I'll take two Philly cheese steaks and a couple brewskis."

#25 ·
They'ld probably give me food, if I would just put my shirt back on.

Reactions: BenGoodLuck
#27 ·
Betty, you want pictures? Be careful what you wish for. :rofl:

Though, I suspect you'll have to head to that CO county's sheriff department to collect the string of pics the deputies snapped. I suspect the OP ain't sayin' another word.

#30 ·
I have a lot of pro gun photos at various places and on both male and females that I could post but they would be pulled and I would be banned for life.

That said, we might enjoy seeing your photo as you were at the Mexican restaurant. However post it well after lunch but long before supper. None here need to lose their lunch or have their supper spoiled.

#32 ·
If you were female I would be able to guess why they were staring...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.