Man open carrys a shotgun in D.C.

This is a discussion on Man open carrys a shotgun in D.C. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm all about gun rights, but this guy is crazy. Unless you've been living under a rock I'm sure you have heard about Adam Kokesh's ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Man open carrys a shotgun in D.C.

I'm all about gun rights, but this guy is crazy. Unless you've been living under a rock I'm sure you have heard about Adam Kokesh's open carry on D.C. He is now being held without bond after the judge told Kokesh's lawyer "I consider your client to be a very dangerous man."

Activist Adam Kokesh ordered held without bond in D.C. - WTOP.com

What, in your opinion, makes him "crazy"?

My word would be hardcore. That guy's one hardcore activist.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Kokesh is an idiot. He's too worried about smoking weed to do anything of note as far as being a gun rights activist is concerned.
    PatAz likes this.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    What, in your opinion, makes him "crazy"?

My word would be hardcore. That guy's one hardcore activist.
    Totally agree!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I'm all for gun rights.I'm not all for doing something stupid,that i know could possibly land me in jail.Thankfully,i've never been in jail and i'm good,lol.

VIP Member
    He seems determined to throw himself against the rocks.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Number 1: He is not only open carrying in D.C. but he is brandishing. Both of which are extremely illegal and make responsible gun owners look bad by drawing negative attention to an already under-fire issue (O.C.).

Number 2: If you read and listen to some of Kokesh's stuff he talks about revolting. We are a democratic people governed by laws. This is not Egypt; we have a democratic process for our elected officials. If he doesn't like the way things are going then he needs to find an alternative way of protesting. Brandishing a shotgun and loading shells into it in the middle of D.C. is not only 100% illegal it is CRAZY.
    PatAz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson911 View Post
    Number 1: He is not only open carrying in D.C. but he is brandishing. Both of which are extremely illegal and make responsible gun owners look bad by drawing negative attention to an already under-fire issue (O.C.).

Number 2: If you read and listen to some of Kokesh's stuff he talks about revolting. We are a democratic people governed by laws. This is not Egypt; we have a democratic process for our elected officials. If he doesn't like the way things are going then he needs to find an alternative way of protesting. Brandishing a shotgun and loading shells into it in the middle of D.C. is not only 100% illegal it is CRAZY.
    Was this Egypt when our founding father's revolted?

Not too bright in my opinion. If he wanted to carry it to the Virginia DC border to make a point, that is one thing, but this doesn't really do anyone any good
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

We revolted against British power...we were still in the process of establishing a constitution and a stable government. Constitution was signed after the war if I remember correctly. Our democratic process, as we know it, was set up after the war.
    USM1976 likes this.

I'll admit what he did may not have been the wisest decision......

I fully support him, though!!!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    006.9V2.1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson911 View Post
    We revolted against British power...we were still in the process of establishing a constitution and a stable government. Constitution was signed after the war if I remember correctly. Our democratic process, as we know it, was set up after the war.
    And do you recall the purpose of the 2nd Amendment? The belief of the founding fathers that tyrannical governments need be replaced?

If you recall, our current government is far beyond what the Constitution outlined it to be, and is bordering on tyrannical. Revolt might not be necessary yet, but that's not to say it won't be.

Honestly, I understand what you are getting at, and I do know the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, but we as a country are not at the "tyranny" stage...yet. I have been to enough middle eastern countries to know what tyranny looks like, and the United States is far from it.
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

VIP Member
    All he did was pitch a glorified, filmed on YouTube temper tantrum.

Which is probably going to result in a change of address to South East DC.

Interesting though that when a liberal reporter David Gregory violates DC's gun laws with a "High Cap" magazine they can let that slide.Looks like selective prosecution to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links