Arkansas Carry plans ‘open carry’ protest walk

This is a discussion on Arkansas Carry plans ‘open carry’ protest walk within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Arkansas Carry plans ?open carry? protest walk (Updated) | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas UPDATED INFO: Fort Smith Police ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Arkansas Carry plans ‘open carry’ protest walk

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar

Arkansas Carry plans ?open carry? protest walk (Updated) | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas

UPDATED INFO: Fort Smith Police Chief Kevin Lindsey said his department “would not enforce the terms of the Act” based on McDaniel’s opinion. Lindsey said he was told by John Settle, Fort Smith prosecuting attorney, that “just carrying it unconcealed is not enough” to cause an arrest. Lindsey told The City Wire that he and Settle’s view is that there has to be proof an “attempt to unlawfully use” a weapon against another person.

Lindsey said the department would have a patrol car in the area during the walk
    So, it has begun

Do you guys think i should bust out the OC when i head into town later and possibly be the first ever Arkansan to try it?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Arkansas Carry plans ?open carry? protest walk (Updated) | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas

So, it has begun

Do you guys think i should bust out the OC when i head into town later and possibly be the first ever Arkansan to try it?
    Your userid says it all.
    wishyouwell and 006.9V2.1 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post

So, it has begun

If it's going to succeed anywhere, I'd say Fort Smith is about as good a spot as any. Particularly if those opinions by the C.O.P. and DA are true. Doesn't look like they're going to be bending over backwards to "keep an eye" on things, there. Having a patrol car in the area is about what I'd expect ... in Fort Smith, in practically all of Kentucky, or anywhere similar.
    wishyouwell likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Your userid says it all.

I couldn't bring myself to do it...Even took the dual carry holster but just ended up going IWB.

I've been thinking about doing some testing for LEO and have gone this long without getting in trouble so it wouldn't make much sense to start now. My luck i would end up losing my concealed permit.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If it's going to succeed anywhere, I'd say Fort Smith is about as good a spot as any. Particularly if those opinions by the C.O.P. and DA are true. Doesn't look like they're going to be bending over backwards to "keep an eye" on things, there. Having a patrol car in the area is about what I'd expect ... in Fort Smith, in practically all of Kentucky, or anywhere similar.
    I agree. Unfortunately, i don't live anywhere near Fort Smith. Like i said...Just couldn't do it.

I would like to thank the brave guys from Arkansas Carry who are doing the dirty work for the rest of us, though.

Sponsored Links