Oh bloody hell...

This is a discussion on Oh bloody hell... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may switch to OC just because of idiots like this https://www.facebook.com/opencarry911 "When You See Open Carry, Call 911" Advocating illegal actions to call police ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Oh bloody hell...

  1. #1
    Member Array Sarisataka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    189

    Oh bloody hell...

    I may switch to OC just because of idiots like this https://www.facebook.com/opencarry911
    "When You See Open Carry, Call 911"

    Advocating illegal actions to call police against people obeying the law
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,850
    Oy vey. Hopefully those people will be charged with wrongfully calling 911.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    Stevew likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,016
    I just attempted to leave a comment, but a notice indicated that post no longer exists.

    Good riddance.
    Aceoky, CIBMike and atctimmy like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  5. #4
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,436
    i don't use facebook so I couldn't see it anyway

    but....people that are trying to push for this action are complete morons, all they will do is cause the police to get used up going on BS calls instead of taking care of truly important calls
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  6. #5
    Member Array watershed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    91
    Never underestimate the stupidity of people

    Police: When cable TV breaks, a 911 call is bad - CNN.com
    Wunderneun likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Array southernwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    590
    I was sitting here shaking my head at the call...especially the part (after the caller is told open carry is legal) where she wants someone to check the guy out to make sure the gun isn't loaded.

    Apparently to her "open carry" means you can carry a gun...but it has to be unloaded.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

  8. #7
    Member Array Sarisataka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I just attempted to leave a comment, but a notice indicated that post no longer exists.

    Good riddance.
    It seems facebook has standards. I'll raise my opinion of them a notch
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,097
    It appears that the facebook page no longer exists. Good.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    the page is gone, many have reported it for advocating illegal activity
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,599
    good.... if it's gone.

    When CC passed and became legal, there was a group here who wanted to "OUT" anyone conceal carrying they could in any unposted business, and raise hell .... be loud.... obnoxious... and demand the business to remove them for their safety.

    I was the "victim" in one case of this, which I thought was hilarious. The guy kept following me around in a video store, and I was beginning to think he was gay and going to hit on me or something. LOL.
    Anyway.... at the check out he went ballistic (reminded me a chicken with his head cut off) .... dancing around, loudly yelling that this endangered him , were they going to allow people carrying "guns " in their stores.... and on and on . The clerk.... told him flat out .... "YES WE DO, and I hope if someone comes in here to rob me that someone in here is carrying a gun"...... he didn't like that.

    He was pointing at my waist the entire time ....... "SEE....SEE... SEE... HE'S CARRYING A GUN". After this had gone on for awhile, I asked him "what are you talking about " ...... and I asked him .... "what gun?". .... as I lifted my shirt.... so he could see my cell phone case on my belt.

    He was stunned, and just stood there with his mouth gapping open.... and then hurried out the store (without another word) as fast as he could.

    I carry my gun on the other side. I think he convinced everyone in the store that if there were any "idiots" out there, it was him.


    If people misrepresent and flood 911 with stupid calls like this on open carry, they should be charged with misuse of 911 and intentionally making a false report.

  12. #11
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    good.... if it's gone.

    When CC passed and became legal, there was a group here who wanted to "OUT" anyone conceal carrying they could in any unposted business, and raise hell .... be loud.... obnoxious... and demand the business to remove them for their safety.

    I was the "victim" in one case of this, which I thought was hilarious. The guy kept following me around in a video store, and I was beginning to think he was gay and going to hit on me or something. LOL.
    Anyway.... at the check out he went ballistic (reminded me a chicken with his head cut off) .... dancing around, loudly yelling that this endangered him , were they going to allow people carrying "guns " in their stores.... and on and on . The clerk.... told him flat out .... "YES WE DO, and I hope if someone comes in here to rob me that someone in here is carrying a gun"...... he didn't like that.

    He was pointing at my waist the entire time ....... "SEE....SEE... SEE... HE'S CARRYING A GUN". After this had gone on for awhile, I asked him "what are you talking about " ...... and I asked him .... "what gun?". .... as I lifted my shirt.... so he could see my cell phone case on my belt.

    He was stunned, and just stood there with his mouth gapping open.... and then hurried out the store (without another word) as fast as he could.

    I carry my gun on the other side. I think he convinced everyone in the store that if there were any "idiots" out there, it was him.


    If people misrepresent and flood 911 with stupid calls like this on open carry, they should be charged with misuse of 911 and intentionally making a false report.
    And yet the same blithering idiots are totally unconcerned if an LEO is standing right next to them open carrying.
    64zebra and Aceoky like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  13. #12
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,075
    CAn't speak for everywhere, but here in the Richmond area, they would be wasting their time. Richmond is VERY OC friendly. I do it all the time. Usually around LEO in the morning when I stop for coffee. They don't blink an eye over it.
    Aceoky and 64zebra like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,358
    Quote Originally Posted by watershed View Post
    Never underestimate the stupidity of people

    Police: When cable TV breaks, a 911 call is bad - CNN.com
    The police'll take care of us.

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,734
    "When You See Open Carry, Call 911"

    Advocating illegal actions to call police against people obeying the law

    • When you see someone driving a car, call 911 -- 'cause they most certainly are capable of being drunk.
    • When you see someone walking a dog, call 911 -- 'cause they most certainly are gonna crap all over everything.
    • When you see someone exiting a pawn shop, call 911 -- 'cause they might well be a robber.
    • When you see an adult with a baseball bat and a little tyke in baseball togs, call 911 -- 'cause it's clear the kid is potentially at risk of a good bashing.
    • When you see someone carrying in the lawful, non-secure portion of an airport, call 911 to shut the airport down -- 'cause you never know what's possible.


    Gotta love irrational, unjustifiable, knee-jerk lunacy at its finest.
    Aceoky and Brad426 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  16. #15
    Member Array Figbassist75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    • When you see someone driving a car, call 911 -- 'cause they most certainly are capable of being drunk.
    • When you see someone walking a dog, call 911 -- 'cause they most certainly are gonna crap all over everything.
    • When you see someone exiting a pawn shop, call 911 -- 'cause they might well be a robber.
    • When you see an adult with a baseball bat and a little tyke in baseball togs, call 911 -- 'cause it's clear the kid is potentially at risk of a good bashing.
    • When you see someone carrying in the lawful, non-secure portion of an airport, call 911 to shut the airport down -- 'cause you never know what's possible.


    Gotta love irrational, unjustifiable, knee-jerk lunacy at its finest.
    Best post I've seen on this topic all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •