Nut jobs calling for Starbucks gun ban

This is a discussion on Nut jobs calling for Starbucks gun ban within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a group of people who claim to stand for the Newtown victims and all victims of gun violence who are boycotting Starbucks today ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Nut jobs calling for Starbucks gun ban

Nut jobs calling for Starbucks gun ban

There is a group of people who claim to stand for the Newtown victims and all victims of gun violence who are boycotting Starbucks today because they allow law abiding gun owners to carry in their location. Yes, I said law abiding gun owners who have been senselessly demonized by a media that screams injustice and racism when anyone disagrees with them. They believe that limiting a gun owners rights and placing criminal welcome-oops I mean no gun signs-will prevent gun crimes. Really people? You know what I think of this? First off these folks need to open their eyes and see just how screwed up their logic and their "cause" is. And on a personal level, I feel is absolutely disgusting and a slap in the face of all victims of crime, not just gun crime the media loves to report, that people like this would use tragedies like the Sandy Hook shooting or the Aurora theater shooting, both in the gun free zones that kill instead of protect, to politicize the deaths of innocents to advance a stupid cause that if it passes will cause even more death. I ignore the "facts" of supposedly gun free countries who in reality have just as high crime rates as the US.

To these sheep who feel that taking the right to self defense while enabling criminals, and that's what strict gun control laws do just look at Chicago for one, I say you are screwed up. How dare you demonize the multitude of law abiding gun owners. How dare you paint us with the same brush that should be reserved for criminals? Who are you to tell me that I have no right to defend my family or my own life? You are nothing but a bunch of attention loving hypocrites who have chosen to use the deaths of innocents as a political tool to advance a ridiculous notion that will increase crime and the facts prove it, if you'll pull your heads out of the sand long enough to see it. You are sick, twisted, and down right insane to use the innocents who have been killed by the same criminals your lame gun laws enable as a stepping block to stand on a soap box that the laws of this great land, including the Constitution, yank out from under your quivering feet time and time again. In using the innocents as your political calling card you are no better than the ones who took their lives to begin with.

You are not for less crime or peace, you are in fact for getting your faces and names on the news. And that it all it is. I will continue to patronize Starbucks until they cave to your insanity and if that happens, I will patronize them no more. Normally, I do it to enjoy a nice latte or a strawberries and cream frap, but today I will do it to stand proud for the rights so many men and women died to give me and my fellow Americans. By the way, I am a law abiding gun owner myself and I stand for innocents too. I carry my gun because I don't want myself or my family to become a statistic and I carry in memory of those who lost their lives to the few nut jobs who none of my fellow gun owners/carriers ever will accept as fellows. Yeah that's right. You whine and demonize the law abiding and the law abiding are the only ones you and your deranged groups ever target. If you want to be defenseless victims, begging for mercy on your knees in front of a criminal who will use your "gun free signs" as an invitation to do evil that is your right. But I will carry my gun for protection and if I were one of you last Friday night, I would not be here now to write this as a couple of the same thugs you kiss up to would have either injured or killed me. The same gun you try to take from my hands is the same gun that sent them running.

So get over yourselves and stop trying to force your diluted beliefs on me and my fellow law abiding gun owners. I pray you never have to be in the same situation I was last week because from what I see, you'll be another statistic that continues to pile up because of your sickening Anti-American stance. Have a good day, ladies and gentlemen of the wannabe defenseless victim club. Hey, it's time to for a venti skinny vanilla latte in your dishonor and this one will be extra good today.
    StormRhydr, oldman45 and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, folks equating crime with weaponry and weaponry with anyone having them are, for all intents and purposes, fearful that anyone could become criminal merely for having access to such weapons. Anyone actually seen carrying a firearm, for example, is a particular target of their ire.

And, yes, such thinking is fractured and short-sighted, at best. When it results in their overt, active attempts at forcibly altering the law in contravention of the Second Amendment's protections to harm the ability of citizens to bear arms, it becomes an outright attack on liberty that goes far beyond simply having a concern for "children."

I, too, mourn the innocent victims of such senseless murder sprees as Newtown (and others). But jumping all over those seeking to protect themselves and these innocents won't accomplish a damned thing. Deep down, I think these liberty-hating people understand that, but I also think they simply don't want to face that reality, 'cause that reality dictates citizens will indeed remain armed and able to withstand predation. And it'll mean they will continue to see such citizens armed. The baseless, knee-jerk fears that prompt such political lashing out won't accomplish anything but extending the free zones of fire for criminals (who will wholly ignore prohibitions against guns, just as they ignore prohibitions against murder/robbery/rape) and emasculating citizens in the face of criminals. Disarming victims does little but create more victims.

IOW: their efforts are misguided, at best; harmful in the extreme, at worst; pointless, no matter what else is true. Going after criminals and crime would be far more effective with respect to criminals and crime, than going after armed citizens who seek little more than to thwart crime. Sadly, I doubt many of them will ever get that.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

mkh
    Well said by both of you.

VIP Member
    The craving for a caramel, frothy, latte will override any boycott. Coffee always wins.
    Taurahe, mkh, bmcgilvray and 1 others like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

You know who really wins in all of this. Its starbucks. They sell to the pro gun crowd and to the anti gun crowd. They follow the state law of each state they are in. It is really nothing special. I think Ill enjoy a cup of hazelnut coffee from my local QD today....
    Taurahe and msgt/ret like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Hazelnut coffee? Getting in touch with our feminine side are we?

Real men drink Cafe Mocca with two sweet and low's with skimmed milk. I am surprised at you.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Hazelnut coffee? Getting in touch with our feminine side are we?

Real men drink Cafe Mocca with two sweet and low's with skimmed milk. I am surprised at you.
    Skim milk. Really, and you think Im exploring my feminine side...Its 1/3 cup Heavy cream and 7 splendas for this guy....Top that for feminine side Bro....LMAO....
    southernwi likes this.

VIP Member
    1/3 heavy cream and 7 splendas? That is kind of defeating the purpose don't you think?

You go girl

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    1/3 heavy cream and 7 splendas? That is kind of defeating the purpose don't you think?

You go girl
    Body by what, skim milk or heavy cream, you make the call girly man.... I get my jolt, my non impact carbs and no sugar...T-girl really has you whipped.

P.S. dont tell her I said that, I dont want her yelling at me the next time I call

mkh
    Man, this thread degenerated quickly...
    Aceoky, southernwi and Wickked like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Skim milk. Really, and you think Im exploring my feminine side...Its 1/3 cup Heavy cream and 7 splendas for this guy....Top that for feminine side Bro....LMAO....
    Habañero/2x mochiatto grande. 'Bucks won't have it; gotta make your own. Try that one, "big guy" ... with as much "cream" as you find necessary.
    msgt/ret and Wickked like this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    They have every right to call for a boycott based on their faulty logic, we have ever right to explain why they are morons and ignore the boycott.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Figbassist75 View Post

To these sheep who feel that taking the right to self defense while enabling criminals, and that's what strict gun control laws do just look at Chicago for one, I say you are screwed up.
    You are falling into the same trap that the anti-gun folks do, you are confusing "correlation" with "causation". Violence in Chicago is not "caused" by gun laws, it happens in spite of them. It does show that more gun laws does not stop violence, because, as we know criminals don't really care if they are breaking one law or ten. But to try to imply the violence is because of the gun laws is not really honest and doesn't help our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Habañero/2x mochiatto grande. 'Bucks won't have it; gotta make your own. Try that one, "big guy" ... with as much "cream" as you find necessary.
    Dont you start mister....

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    They have every right to call for a boycott based on their faulty logic, we have ever right to explain why they are morons and ignore the boycott.
    It's nice to be free.

Nicer still, when such "anti's" stop short of calling for unconstitutional changes to law to get basically upstanding actions taken as being statutorily criminal. That'd be really nice. Sort of a "Live & Let Live, But Don't Demand I Die Because Of It" approach. That'd be really nice.
    Aceoky likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links