Thanked an OC'er at work today

This is a discussion on Thanked an OC'er at work today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OC is not very common where I live, even though I'm out in the country. Saw a guy OC'ing while I was at work today ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Alex_C
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By OhioCatter
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 2 Post By RTF_Squared

Thread: Thanked an OC'er at work today

Thanked an OC'er at work today

OC is not very common where I live, even though I'm out in the country. Saw a guy OC'ing while I was at work today (Home Depot) and thanked him for carrying and supporting the 2A. While I choose to CC personally, it's great to see responsible armed citizens exercising their rights.

I'm sure OC'ers get a lot more flak than appreciation, so I hope that everyone here will encourage responsible OC when they see it. I know I will!
    Badey, Snub44, wcearp and 1 others like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure he appreciated the "nod," as well.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Good for you. What was his reaction?

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Cool. Don't really see OC much around here in PA. But saw it a lot in NV when I was stationed there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    Good for you. What was his reaction?
    He appreciated the support. He said he hasn't had any negative responses yet, which is cool. Maybe I'll try it someday myself after hearing his drama-free experience.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Good for you, we need to support each other no matter which way we decide to carry as long as we are doing it responsibly.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    Cool. Don't really see OC much around here in PA. But saw it a lot in NV when I was stationed there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    I have seen two OCers in the past two months. Before that I had seen that same number in the previous 10 years here in PA. I wonder if it is becoming more common?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

...class act!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    OC is not very common where I live, even though I'm out in the country. Saw a guy OC'ing while I was at work today (Home Depot) and thanked him for carrying and supporting the 2A. While I choose to CC personally, it's great to see responsible armed citizens exercising their rights.

I'm sure OC'ers get a lot more flak than appreciation, so I hope that everyone here will encourage responsible OC when they see it. I know I will!

Well done.

OC is fairly common here where we live. It is still nice to get a smile and a nod when someone takes notice, which really isn't nearly as often as you might think.
    Aceoky likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post

Actually I have found just the opposite. I've primarily OC'd for the last 10 years, and have gotten far more positive comments than negative.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've had a lot more positive reactions than negative by far. Pretty much all the negative reaction comes from people who amaze me with their ability to feed and dress themselves.
    Aceoky and BurgerBoy like this.
    Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

Links