All you open carriers will be the first ones shot says Home Land Security.

This is a discussion on All you open carriers will be the first ones shot says Home Land Security. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At work today we had a staff meeting and a building security talk I guess is what you would call it. So there is a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: All you open carriers will be the first ones shot says Home Land Security.

All you open carriers will be the first ones shot says Home Land Security.

At work today we had a staff meeting and a building security talk I guess is what you would call it. So there is a Home Land Security officer doing the talk, I am not sure how he got on CC or OC as this is a federal building but sure enough he states that anyone OC'ing will be the first shot if a bad guy comes around. I didn't say anything because I had already corrected him when he stated that in Utah you can't OC with a round in the chamber if you have a CC permit which is a common problem. The officer could hardly make a complete sentence, kept jumping around, talking to himself then the group, mumbling when talking and walking around with his hands holding onto the top of his vest so I figured it best just to keep my mouth shut so he would get done and I could go back to work.

So there you have the official word from the leading authority, if you OC you will be the first shot.

2. Remove Ads

That's assuming the bad guy doesn't try to sneak up on you and steal your gun
    006.9V2.1 and archer51 like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

WOW that is terrible news for LEO as well as many, many others!
    StormRhydr, msgt/ret, OD* and 6 others like this.

I quit listening to anything that comes out of the mouths of any DHS people. They seem to be a bunch of badge-happy creeps who think they are somehow now a national police force and they are running the whole show.

Most of those twerps couldn't catch a cold.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OC is for uniformed officers to have quick access to their sidearm. Nothing lost since their uniform ID'd them anyway.

For armed officers, police, security, military, etc., who are in plainclothes, it is to their advantage to keep their sidearm & badge concealed.
    When I was in LE for 40 years, no one ever saw my sidearm when I was out of uniform.
    Now that I am John Q Citizen, no one ever sees my sidearm, but it is always within reach.

It is like the banks who used to keep a uniformed, armed security guard in the lobby.... if some one was going to rob the bank, they would obviously shoot the armed guard first.... along with anyone else who was OC'ing.

I think most folks have a mother or aunt who work as DHS or TSA agents.
    40Bob, mb1900 and BigCityChief like this.

Did they at least provide donuts, and coffee with their crystal ball act?

While the DHS folks would be the last to be shot, given that they pose no threat to a BG at all.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I'm sorry you had to sit through his um....well....uhhh.....knowledge less speech.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Well IMHO if a bad guy with a gun is going to do a bad thing with a gun and if he see's someone in OC mode that he thought would interfere with his plan and decided to go ahead with it anyway rather than walk away and look for easier targets I think you would be a major target of interest....Would you be shot??? unknown....he may just stick a gun in your face and take your weapon...

When you OC your are noticed....by lots of persons...in a bad situation you have no element of surprise.....why give up your advantages.

Old guy in Gander Mountain last week OCing a 1911 and believe me, everyone in the store was watching him...and some of us spoke with him...he was rather proud of his 1911 and no he did not have a CC license. probably a reason for no CC license...but in NC there is no law against for for CC so he was good. Problem was he would never blend in anywhere.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    My first thought when I read this was that DHS were trained to shoot the OC's first! DR

Aceoky, Ghost1958 and JDE101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    My first thought when I read this was that DHS were trained to shoot the OC's first! DR
    Me too.
    Aceoky and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    At work today we had a staff meeting and a building security talk I guess is what you would call it. So there is a Home Land Security officer doing the talk, I am not sure how he got on CC or OC as this is a federal building but sure enough he states that anyone OC'ing will be the first shot if a bad guy comes around. I didn't say anything because I had already corrected him when he stated that in Utah you can't OC with a round in the chamber if you have a CC permit which is a common problem. The officer could hardly make a complete sentence, kept jumping around, talking to himself then the group, mumbling when talking and walking around with his hands holding onto the top of his vest so I figured it best just to keep my mouth shut so he would get done and I could go back to work.

So there you have the official word from the leading authority, if you OC you will be the first shot.
    No offense to the OP, but there is so much wrong with this that I am going to leave it alone.....

Good day to you, sir.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by billstaf View Post
    I quit listening to anything that comes out of the mouths of any DHS people. They seem to be a bunch of badge-happy creeps who think they are somehow now a national police force and they are running the whole show.

Most of those twerps couldn't catch a cold.

Law Enforcement is becoming more and more militarized thanks to the grants from the Feds.
    006.9V2.1 and carracer like this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    That how I read it too, lol. Sound like a fun meeting. I would have left the room personally, if they asked why I would've told them all of his bull made you sick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links