Starbucks caved in...

This is a discussion on Starbucks caved in... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not entirely sure this is in the right spot, but a friend just sent this to me. Apparently Starbucks is no longer 2A friendly. ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree355Likes

Thread: Starbucks caved in...

Starbucks caved in...

I'm not entirely sure this is in the right spot, but a friend just sent this to me. Apparently Starbucks is no longer 2A friendly.
    sbux.jpg

Starbucks is caving! No more guns allowed per Corporate policy
    I put a seat-belt on every single time I get into a car. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'll put it on anyway. Crazy? I know, but I'll keep doing it just in case.
    Just like I'll carry my .45 every day until I'm too old to lift it... but its ok, I can switch to a 9mm.

2. Remove Ads

Sad if this is true.

Mmmmmm Starbucks yummy. Got my Sig in its iwb holster time to go get some coffee!!!!

VIP Member
    If true it sucks.

Not really an issue for me as I rarely frequent a Starbucks.........

If Dunkin Donuts did this it would be another story....

I will hit the drive thru instead

"We're not taking sides in the gun debate..." but we are agreeing with the anti-gunners. Classy way to take a stand. All the backbone of a PeeWee Herman.
    OD*, Aceoky, emawildcat and 11 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    As I read it they prefer we do not open carry and scare the ones terrified of their own shadows, there is no outright ban. Since I only CC I will continue to do so.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIE33560 View Post
    I will hit the drive thru instead
    You are going to keep giving them your money?

My policy: You want my money? You welcome me AND my gun. Period. If I spend money to support a company that is even "slightly" anti 2A I am failing in my responsibility as a full citizen of the United States.
    NONAME762, Sister, baren and 6 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    everybody calm down and actually read the darn thing.

they are not putting up signs to ban CC at their stores and they will not be asking people who are OCing to leave.

nothing has changed. Starbucks will follow state law as they have always been. they have never been pro gun, and they are not prohibiting the carrying guns in their stores, they are simply stating that they do not encourage people to bring guns to Starbucks, they never did.

you can still CC in the stores and you can still OC too. no one will ask you to leave or even mention anything to you, same as before.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

They're just pissed because everybody anti- and pro-gun are politicizing the crap out of Starbucks. So, in an attempt to please everybody, they say "We don't want you to bring it, but if you do, that's fine".

And honestly, I'm not inclined to believe this is true, yet. The only thing I can find about this is from the site above, and a couple other search results that referenced the same link.

The photographed page says that their request will be communicated through external media. This obviously hasn't happened yet, or there'd be a heck of a lot more about this than just from the above given link. It could be very easily faked and posted by someone just to stir the pot. Or it could be real and we'll find that out soon, too.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Four bucks and more is ridiculous for a lousy cuppa Joe. I don't drink coffee.
    pgrass101 and flintlock62 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    I've never been there, no need when the coffee at home is delicious. This is getting to be little like Chick-fil-a. Don't go there either, food at home is delicious.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    You are going to keep giving them your money?

My policy: You want my money? You welcome me AND my gun. Period. If I spend money to support a company that is even "slightly" anti 2A I am failing in my responsibility as a full citizen of the United States.

there are hardly any large companies that truly "welcome" guns. even fewer encourages their customers to bring guns. the only truly pro gun places are your LGS and maybe a few mom and pop type restaurants/stores. most other places simply tolerates guns to avoid losing customers. Starbucks has never been more pro gun then most any large corporate entity and they are not becoming any more anti gun then they were before.

if you want to boycott all companies that are not 100 percent pro gun and openly welcome guns then there are only a hand full of places you can go for goods and services. that means no car, no gas, no electricity, no internet, no TV, no groceries, no banks, no clothes, no meds, no hospital visits...ect...ect... the only large companies that are truly pro gun are the gun manufactures and perhaps large chains that sell guns. everybody else just allows it, Starbucks is no different.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Can't find anything about it at news.starbucks.com
    pittypat21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePfeiffer View Post
    Can't find anything about it at news.starbucks.com
    I couldn't either, that was my first stop. True or not, this new policy doesn't outright ban firearms, it just doesn't welcome them. You can technically still concealed carry and they'd still be clueless.
    QKShooter and Christopher67 like this.
    I put a seat-belt on every single time I get into a car. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'll put it on anyway. Crazy? I know, but I'll keep doing it just in case.
    Just like I'll carry my .45 every day until I'm too old to lift it... but its ok, I can switch to a 9mm.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Links