Went shopping today...

Went shopping today...

This is a discussion on Went shopping today... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Started off in Lowes, then on to Wal-Mart, continue onto PetCo, then up to Academy Sports, finally ended up at Bass-Pro Shops. Got some HP ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Went shopping today...

Went shopping today...

Started off in Lowes, then on to Wal-Mart, continue onto PetCo, then up to Academy Sports, finally ended up at Bass-Pro Shops.

Got some HP ammo at Academy,
    some powder, primers, and Hoppes solvent at Bass Pro,
    and some crushed walnut lizard litter for cleaning media in the tumbler.

All in all, a pretty productive day...

Ohh, forgot to add, I was OC'ing for the first time in my life while doing all this...

I almost got to the point of being disappointed by the lack of any response. No second looks, no stares, no shock-horror looks, nothing.

Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

VIP Member
    Well, glad to see Alabamians have the heads in the right place and not in your business .

I'm not surprised! After all it IS Alabama! Anyone who noticed probably thought; a) "I wonder if I've got her outgunned," or b) "I wonder if she's an Alabama, or an Auburn fan?"

BTW - Lest you wonder - Roll Tide!
    Stoveman and gatorbait51 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Anyone who noticed probably thought; a) "I wonder if I've got her outgunned,"
    And the answer would be: Probably not... I was CC'ing as well!!

Sara Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Zralou View Post
    Ohh, forgot to add, I was OC'ing for the first time in my life while doing all this...

I almost got to the point of being disappointed by the lack of any response. No second looks, no stares, no shock-horror looks, nothing.
    Yeah, but you're in Alabama. Can't imagine giving a 'Bama girl a second glance, for merely carrying. Now if you'd been sporting a new NRA shirt, toting that new AR and lugging a thousand rounds of ammo ... "Nice collection. You, too, hmm? "
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

And you mean No one tried to disarm you and kill you on the spot- Amazing!

Even walked straight past the guy at the door of Bass Pro, despite their sign that reads "all firearms must be checked at customer service".

Sara Lou

VIP Member
    Good on ya, keep 'em coming....
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Even walked straight past the guy at the door of Bass Pro, despite their sign that reads "all firearms must be checked at customer service".

Sara Lou
    That sign refers to firearms that are being brought in for service/exchange. Their policy does not apply to licensed CC carriers, unless they are bringing the firearm for the abovementioned reasons.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I'm not surprised! After all it IS Alabama! Anyone who noticed probably thought; a) "I wonder if I've got her outgunned," or b) "I wonder if she's an Alabama, or an Auburn fan?"

BTW - Lest you wonder - Roll Tide!

If the OP really wanted to get noticed, try OC'ing in an Auburn shirt while in Tuscaloosa or wherever Alabama is located.....guaranteed....

Stove the elder (my dad) was applying for a teaching position in Gardendale, Alabama after he retired from the Army. The principal of the school was conducting the interview and everything went well until he was asked THAT question..... He was promptly shown the door and went on to teach at another school.....

That sign refers to firearms that are being brought in for service/exchange. Their policy does not apply to licensed CC carriers, unless they are bringing the firearm for the abovementioned reasons.
    I guessed that was the general meaning of the sign, but I was OC'ing so I expected a little resistance, but to be fair, the guy was talking to another customer as I walked in. I did get stopped as I was headed to checkout tho', a female associate approached me to ask if I wanted to apply for a credit card!!!, but I told her I wasn't safe to be let loose with credit cards.

Sara Lou

Well, went out again today OC'ing.
    First stop was Waffle House for breakfast.
    Then a couple of LGS, Academy Sports, and Bass Pro. Was mainly looking for a DOH (drop offset holster) for my G34, can't believe no one knew what I was talking about when I asked for a 'drop, offset holster', even the "knowledgeable" staff at 3 different gun stores.

Again no real response's, though one guy at Bass Pro stopped to ask me if it was legal to OC in Alabama, he was from Arkansas.

Sara Lou

If you like OC that is you right if it is legal in the state you live in. Do you carry in a retention holster? I see people OC alot and I could very easy disarm them from behind. It is harder if you carry in a good retention holster and they are just as fast to draw from if it not a level 3 holster. And level 3 holsters only slow you down a bout .25 seconds if you practice with them. Not trying to dog on you just worried about anyone who OC's. We get tied up in things while we are in the store and tend to go from condition yellow to condition white.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Was mainly looking for a DOH (drop offset holster) for my G34, can't believe no one knew what I was talking about when I asked for a 'drop, offset holster', even the "knowledgeable" staff at 3 different gun stores.Sara Lou
    Good luck! I have an older Blade Tech offest holster for all Glock 9mm pistols that is perfect. THEN they changed the design. I ordered one of the new design for my S&W 686. I absolutely hate the thing!!!!! But you can order the new design offset holster for your 34 on line. One clue is that on the Blade Tech site they only show you the front - no side view, no rear view. It seems they are ashamed of their new design, as they should be. You can read some reviews on the Midway site at:

Blade-Tech DOH Dropped Offset Belt Holster Right Hand 1911 Government
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH1961 View Post
    If you like OC that is you right if it is legal in the state you live in. Do you carry in a retention holster? I see people OC alot and I could very easy disarm them from behind. It is harder if you carry in a good retention holster and they are just as fast to draw from if it not a level 3 holster. And level 3 holsters only slow you down a bout .25 seconds if you practice with them. Not trying to dog on you just worried about anyone who OC's. We get tied up in things while we are in the store and tend to go from condition yellow to condition white.
    I deliberately waited before I OC'd till I got my Serpa holster with the locking retention button, for that exact reason. Also, if someone was to grab at my OC and I couldn't stop them, I would simply bring the CC gun, that I also have with me, into play.

Sara Lou
    gatorbait51 and perfection like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links