Can't believe people!

This is a discussion on Can't believe people! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off I totally support our troops and my dad is a Vietnam veteran along with many of my relatives. I live in a military ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Can't believe people!

Can't believe people!

First off I totally support our troops and my dad is a Vietnam veteran along with many of my relatives.
    I live in a military town and there are a lot of kids fresh out of high school and new to the world that are stationed there. You can always tell them apart from the rest of the local kids because of their general attitude.
    Anyways coming out of the ranch supply store I saw one of these kids open carrying a Glock with the slide locked backed, holstered without a loaded magazine.
    Really?! I was going to stop him because this ranch supply store is not open carry friendly. But was in too much shock at his ignorance of defensive carry.
    Also I'm very proud choice in how you want to carry as long as it's safe and RESONSIBLE. Don't they have to pass firearms training in boot camp?!
    Why even carry if the gun is useless?! And we wonder why we can't carry in Starbucks...
    OK I'm done, just had to share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Maybe he was right in the middle of cleaning it and realized a sudden need for chicken feed.....
    Aceoky, Secret Spuk, niks and 5 others like this.

mkh
    Different strokes for different folks.

But it doesn't make much sense to carry that way.

Makes no sense at all.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

It was too heavy with the magazine, so he just left it behind!! Seems a waste of time carrying it like that, guess he could use it as a hammer..

Gary

Distinguished Member
    this reminds me of that thread where someone was asking for the definition of "loaded"

the OP of that thread wanted to conceal carry an "unloaded(chamber)" gun with out a CHL. under 21 i think.

perhaps this was the same logic? open carry an empty gun because he cannot legally conceal an loaded one? and have the slide back for quick loading? or maybe he totally forgot to put the mag in and drop the slide before he left very strange.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

If I read you right, this guy was military, right? Im thinking that how he carried MIGHT have had something to do with that.

That on post he couldnt carry loaded, and that perhaps he had just left there.
    Ksgunner likes this.

When I was a USAF Security Policeman on duty we carried M16's with mag inserted but unchambered,the Military was more concerned about ND's than somebody having to take the time to chamber a round.his mindset could be that he can draw insert a mag and drop the slide fast enough,he can get his gun in action faster then somebody that left a loaded chambered gun in their vehicle.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All I can think is does make a small amount of sense cause all you would have to do is draw and hit the slid release and fire . Silly yes but maybe he had the reasoning . Plus don't most grunts only get minimum pistol training now a days anyways?

Also call me crazy but is not OC big in Mo cause of your states laws? As I recall for vacating up there you could only OC anyplace that served or sold alcohol ?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    All I can think is does make a small amount of sense cause all you would have to do is draw and hit the slid release and fire . Silly yes but maybe he had the reasoning . Plus don't most grunts only get minimum pistol training now a days anyways?

Also call me crazy but is not OC big in Mo cause of your states laws? As I recall for vacating up there you could only OC anyplace that served or sold alcohol ?
    You forgot to load the magazine:- draw, load the magazine, hit the slide release and fire
    Doable but not particularly efficient or wise IMO.

Gary

I have seen the argument brought up multiple times. Never with no magazine however.

Another thought is that he may not have been 21. I know a friend of mine could not carry even though he is military. He might have been able to carry an empty gun as technically its no different than transporting it without ammo.

Idk. Just throwing spaghetti at the wall. No clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Glocks are indestructible. Maybe he intended to use it for a club
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    this reminds me of that thread where someone was asking for the definition of "loaded"

the OP of that thread wanted to conceal carry an "unloaded(chamber)" gun with out a CHL. under 21 i think.

perhaps this was the same logic? open carry an empty gun because he cannot legally conceal an loaded one? and have the slide back for quick loading? or maybe he totally forgot to put the mag in and drop the slide before he left very strange.
    Makes me think HE was the one who was loaded.

Kind of a cool club though.
    amendment4 likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Probably from California.

Psssst: MO is Missouri, Montana is MT

So what's the big deal? how does this affect you. Perhaps his shoes are untied too.
    Poorly, RT and Chief1297 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links