" You Gotta Gun"

This is a discussion on " You Gotta Gun" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this afternoon i am OC'ing in my office and hear a knock on my door it is the fire extinguisher company is doing our ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: " You Gotta Gun"

VIP Member

" You Gotta Gun"

So this afternoon i am OC'ing in my office and hear a knock on my door it is the fire extinguisher company is doing our yearly check up . I open the door and step out and the first thing the guy says is

" You Gotta Gun" which i say this is my place of business and i can legaly open carry here . He then said it looked like i stuck it in my waist band as i turned the corner . I said look it has been in my holster . It was a weird encounter i thought for a minute he was gonna run out on the road and leave his truck here .

It just goes to show what a lack of education in these parts . It really was the first bad OC emcounter i have had on my own property .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Lack of education isn't just where you live - unfortunately- it's everywhere, even in gun friendly states.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Heck, hang a "guns welcome" sign in your window. I did that in mine last week. I figure if I lose any business, I will just make it up in people who support 2nd amend rights.

It's the "culture" today. When I was a kid growing up, guns were not "demonized" like they are today. Guns were common, most households I knew had at least one gun, children were taught how to handle guns as a matter of course. Teenagers actually carried shotguns in the trunks of their cars during hunting season so they could go hunting right after school! Imagine that today.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    It's the "culture" today. When I was a kid growing up, guns were not "demonized" like they are today. Guns were common, most households I knew had at least one gun, children were taught how to handle guns as a matter of course. Teenagers actually carried shotguns in the trunks of their cars during hunting season so they could go hunting right after school! Imagine that today.
    YEP - and if you lived in rural Ohio almost every pick up truck had a gun rack mounted inside the back window WITH GUNS on it - for all to see.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Heck, hang a "guns welcome" sign in your window. I did that in mine last week. I figure if I lose any business, I will just make it up in people who support 2nd amend rights.
    If I was hanging a sign, I think i'd put something more like... "legally carried firearms are welcome" or something similar...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Our local gas station has a sign behind the register that reads, "Guns are welcome here for the inconvenience of criminals" with a picture of a gun and a big green check mark.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    It really was the first bad OC emcounter i have had on my own property .
    When armed on your own property there should be no need to refer to a meeting with a stranger as a bad encounter...just those who leave vertically and those who leave horizontally.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ex Member
    I would have replied "No. Just glad to see you."

VIP Member
    Should have told him: "More effective on a bad guy than a fire extinguisher".
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    If I was hanging a sign, I think i'd put something more like... "legally carried firearms are welcome" or something similar...
    Here is what it looks like, and says

Wording: GUNS ARE WELCOME ON PREMISES PLEASE KEEP ALL WEAPONS HOLSTERED UNLESS NEED ARISES. IN SUCH A CASE, JUDICIOUS MARKSMANSHIP IS APPRECIATED Alcohol / Drugs / Weapons: Guns are Welcome sign #NHE-16347 - GUNS ARE WELCOME ON PREMISES PLEASE KEEP ALL WEAPONS HOLSTERED UNLESS NEED ARISES. IN SUCH A CASE, JUDICIOUS MARKSMANSHIP IS APPRECIATED - Safety Signs Labels-ComplianceSigns.com

Lol! Well, at least you didn't get a MWAG call on you at your own shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    welder516 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Guns are always welcome at my house. It is some of those that have the guns are what is not welcome.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    YEP - and if you lived in rural Ohio almost every pick up truck had a gun rack mounted inside the back window WITH GUNS on it - for all to see.
    Yes mam, but you are talking about days gone by. Having a gun on display in a vehicle now is an open invite to have someone take it that should not have a gun.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and brocktice like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Had company come over and visit and guy says what you got there I told him and we find out later that he ask his girl friend on way home, why does he have a gun on at home, if we did not leave was he going to throw us out ? I told her if it bothered him that bad next time you come over he can wait in the car if it will make him feel better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links