Good training video of an arrest in Temple Texas over 2a rights. Learn.

This is a discussion on Good training video of an arrest in Temple Texas over 2a rights. Learn. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread was closed for being in the wrong place. http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...2a-rights.html Sixto said I can repost it here. I searched Temple Texas and Christopher Grisham ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Good training video of an arrest in Temple Texas over 2a rights. Learn.

Good training video of an arrest in Temple Texas over 2a rights. Learn.

This thread was closed for being in the wrong place. Good training video of an arrest in Temple Texas over 2a rights. Sixto said I can repost it here.

I searched Temple Texas and Christopher Grisham and could not find where this had been discussed.

I Wanted to post that a verdict was reached and felt it had already been discussed. Since i could not find it I will post everything about it.

Christopher Grisham was helping his son earn his Eagle scout merit badge for a 10 mile hike. Rural area, public road, about a hour from where I live. This is Christopher Grisham's personal video which his son finished shoot while the Temple Police detain him. Mr. Grisham is an Iraq Veteran.

The videos may contain a couple very slight vulgarities. PG. Nothing major.

Christopher Grisham: Veteran Assaulted - YouTube

This is the dash cam tapes which police released. They put the dash cam videos together with Mr. Grishams video.

Complete Dashcam Video of Illegal Arrest of Army Master Sergeant CJ Grisham - Texas - March 2013 - YouTube

This is the announced verdict.

Jury says Grisham should pay $2,000 fine - Temple Daily Telegram: News

IMHO, this is a sad situation. Mr. Grisham did not interact responsibly with the police. He did not exactly resist. He did withdraw from the officer near the beginning and he did grab his gun in a questionable manner. The conversation was of disrespect, taunt, and ridicule by Mr. Grisham. It is unfortunate because this all could have resulted in Mr. Grisham finishing the hike with his son.

That is just my opinion. I am not a attorney so wanted to get your thoughts. What is lawful and what could have, should have been done differently for a better outcome?
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 25th, 2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: cleaned up so people will actually read it
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKnEA...C4C7BEE0A02E48

2. Remove Ads

The MSgt and his Scout son were hiking along a road.

One could say they were on a patrol. One of the first rules in soldiering is stay off trails and roads. Why you ask?

Roads are mined. In this case the road was mined with crybabies with cell phones. Further down this road they learned the road was mined with .........
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    The MSgt and his Scout son were hiking along a road.

One could say they were on a patrol. One of the first rules in soldiering is stay off trails and roads. Why you ask?

Roads are mined. In this case the road was mined with crybabies with cell phones. Further down this road they learned the road was mined with .........
    Lol…mined with crybabies with cellphones. I love it.
    NONAME762 and mook012 like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Honestly, I'd be ticked too if I was the man in the video.

The officer had no reason and no right to disarm him without any cause (which he tried to do before Grisham put his hand on the butt stock). Even when he did put his hand on the butt stock, there was no reason, IMO for the officer to draw his pistol. He wasn't grabbing the rifle in such a manner as to use it, only grabbing the butt stock to prevent the cop from illegally seizing it.

He was charged with resisting arrest. How can you resist arrest when there is no legitimate charge to even be arrested?

Did you hear Officer #1 when the Sergeant showed up? "He was completely out of control". That tells you everything you need to know about the officer's assessment of what happened. "Completely out of control"? Give me a freakin' break.

To me, he didn't cow-down to the authority the police officer thought he had, which he doesn't...... and it went downhill from there. Now, why I say that ..... there was no "due cause" for him to confront anyone legally carrying a gun. The courts have agreed with that several times.

If he appeals it .... he will end up in the long run winning the case and the Sheriff's Dept / County will lose. They hope initially to get a conviction ... and that the person won't appeal it and follow thru.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    To me, he didn't cow-down to the authority the police officer thought he had, which he doesn't...... and it went downhill from there. Now, why I say that ..... there was no "due cause" for him to confront anyone legally carrying a gun. The courts have agreed with that several times.

If he appeals it .... he will end up in the long run winning the case and the Sheriff's Dept / County will lose. They hope initially to get a conviction ... and that the person won't appeal it and follow thru.
    I hope to goodness that he appeals and wins.

By attempting to disarm him, the officer violated his 4th Amendment right of protection from unlawful seizures, and attempted to violate his 2nd Amendment right by seizing his firearm without any reason.

I'm sick of seeing these videos where the LEOs say "I need to make sure you can legally have/carry this". If they haven't broken the law, and if the officer can't articulate any crime that they have committed, are committing, or are about to commit, they need to be left alone to go about their business. Might be breaking a law is not the same thing as reasonable articulable suspicion. A woman exiting a store with a large purse "might" have stuffed an item in her purse without paying for it. Does that mean you can stop her and rummage through her purse? No. "Might" be breaking the law is not sufficient reason to stop and detain someone and then search through their belongings and seize their weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    He was charged with resisting arrest. How can you resist arrest when there is no legitimate charge to even be arrested?
    Easy.
    Texas Statutes - Section 38.03: RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.

(b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.

(c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.
    That's how.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Easy.

That's how.
    Great, there's some bogus law, so that makes it ok. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post

Its not bogus. Every state in the land has similar laws.

The point of it is that dealing with a bad arrest curbside is not the way to handle it. That protects both parties. If its an unlawful arrest, then it will be handled via the court.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Its not bogus. Every state in the land has similar laws.

The point of it is that dealing with a bad arrest curbside is not the way to handle it. That protects both parties. If its an unlawful arrest, then it will be handled via the court.
    There's just something that rubs me the wrong way about someone being charged for resisting an illegal arrest.

I get the whole not arguing with an officer and filing a complaint later thing, its the principle of it that bothers me.

Stoveman likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Administrator
    There's just something that rubs me the wrong way about someone being charged for resisting an illegal arrest.

I get the whole not arguing with an officer and filing a complaint later thing, its the principle of it that bothers me.

I here ya... but could you imagine if those laws didnt exist? That'd be rough going.
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sure, you can do like this guy and get convicted and pay thousands of dollars in fines, or you sit and smile and nod and call someone like Rusty Hardin and have him get you a new house for a settlement.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

It is a sad day when we have video of an officer of the law attempting to forcibly take possession of a citizen's property without just cause, a warrant to seize or consent of the owner and the citizen is found guilty in a court of law and fined for trying to protect his property.

Very sad.
    pittypat21 and darbo like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Easy.

That's how.
    When exactly did he "resist arrest"? He wasn't placed under arrest until long after the stupidvisor arrived on scene and the officer lied to the stupidvisor. He was placed under arrest at approximately 11:07 on the video and he was told he was being charged with "resisting arrest".
    pittypat21 and darbo like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    You are not going to win this battle on the side of the road. You ALWAYS need to keep your cool when dealing with the police. They may be in the wrong, but you are not going to prove that to them at that time.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links