Libertarian activist Adam Kokesh interview after release from jail

This is a discussion on Libertarian activist Adam Kokesh interview after release from jail within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Happy Thanksgiving to all board members Remember this guy want to open carry march in 4 July in DC? He was arrested and now release, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Libertarian activist Adam Kokesh interview after release from jail

Happy Thanksgiving to all board members
    Remember this guy want to open carry march in 4 July in DC? He was arrested and now release, his political views are very informative and interesting, I urge everyone to watch this and hear him out.

Copyed from the youtube video description
    Adam Kokesh explains his arrest, release and presidential candidacy in 2020 in this uncensored interview where he clarifies his politics and subsequent persecution from the government. Libertarianism, government persecution and 2nd amendment rights are all discussed, along with Kokesh's marijuana rally frame-up and his current legal troubles in this Buzzsaw interview hosted by Sean Stone and Tyrel Ventura.

VIP Member
    I've got sloooow internet.
    How about a short paragraph of the gist of what he said.
    It would take me 3 hrs to watch the 52 min.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I'll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I'm really quite fond of non-violent activists who walk-the-walk. Even if I don't agree with 'em, I like 'em.
    Mrspittypat and Chuck808 like this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    No intention of watching an hour of someone talking about how he was arrested and thrown in jail, when that was his intention from the start.

While I don't agree with the laws in DC, it is the law and if your going to go there, you have to follow them, or face the consequences.
    Sister, mcp1810 and oldman45 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    No intention of watching an hour of someone talking about how he was arrested and thrown in jail, when that was his intention from the start.

While I don't agree with the laws in DC, it is the law and if your going to go there, you have to follow them, or face the consequences.
    Being judgmental without watching doesn't really help. This is not about him being in jail, is about how this government is gone wrong and how they infringe our rights and what he wants to do to change things around, if he even can of course.
    I need to reword the title but you know I can't now.
    CanuckQue likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
    Being judgmental without watching doesn't really help. This is not about him being in jail, is about how this government is gone wrong and how they infringe our rights and what he wants to do to change things around, if he even can of course.
    I'm more of a libertarian than GOP but I'm also with oneshot in not having an hour to watch it. Is there another video that can sum it up in less than an hour, like about 5 min or less?! Not being rude, but being honest that most videos here that long never get watched.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Kokesh is a Code Pink darling. He is a shameless self promoter. He is the David Duke of firearms .
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
    Just edit in a new title (telling us it's a new title) at the top of the Opening Post. We'll be able to see it during the mouseover.

And I'll disagree with some of the criticisms. Getting publicly arrested for sticking up for your rights is a time-honored form of activism.

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Cortexiphan: You have a PM. Tell me what you want, and I'll fix it. Without a fee, since it's Thanksgiving.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Do you know how long 52mins is in internet time?!

I'll have to watch it later...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    In the first two minutes he makes his first lie. "They came in with FULL evidence bags", "They planted evidence". Yes, they set you up but only kept you in jail for 4 months. Sorry but if they wanted to "railroad" you, it would have been 15 years in prison.

He plead guilty to the drug charges and so either he lied to the court that he committed such an act, or he is lying now that it was a "set up". He is a libertarian, so he believes that drugs should be allowed. I am okay with his belief but he should own up to it instead of trying to blame the "evil" government for setting him up.

Next problem. He claims that the reason that DC has the crime it does is because firearms are outlawed. Well sorry but the crime was there before they outlawed the guns. Also per capita there are many places that have worse violent and other crimes that do not have those kind of gun laws. Restrictive gun laws do not prevent crime, but it also doesn't cause it.

That takes us to the ten minute mark and I couldn't watch any more.
    suntzu, Bad Bob, Badey and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I'm really quite fond of non-violent activists who walk-the-walk. Even if I don't agree with 'em, I like 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    In the first two minutes he makes his first lie.
    On the other hand, I have nothing but contempt for those who lie or deceive (whether directly or through taking advantage of cognitive errors).

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Do you know how long 52mins is in internet time?!
    Ha! Awesome! I'm totally going steal this metaphor when I get the chance!

Mota Man there really puts me off by decorating the title page with mary jane. I agree is shouldn't necessarily be illegal but I don't think doing drugs or promoting them is admirable, either. Smoking weed is effective for many medical conditions but recreational use strikes me as the hallmark behavior of losers.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

Unless the laws are unconstitutional and illegal. Just because a group of 535 men say something is "law" doesnt mean it has any legitimacy, especially when our founding document expressly prohibits them from writing such a law.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links