It finally happened...

It finally happened...

This is a discussion on It finally happened... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today, I was the subject of a MWAG call! I was out in front of the local bicycle shop (where I am a known and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: It finally happened...

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar

Exclamation It finally happened...

Today, I was the subject of a MWAG call! I was out in front of the local bicycle shop (where I am a known and regular customer) talking with my riding/shooting buddy, who happens to be the shop manager. The shop owner is also a friend of mine, and they are both very pro 2A, both carry, etc. My Glock 21 was in its customary position at 3:00 OWB, OC. So, when the breeze picked up, my buddy and I headed into the shop. About 10 minutes later, a nice young police officer came in the shop, and said the department had received a call about two men standing in the parking lot with a gun... Well, my buddy and I looked at each other and started to chuckle. I said "Officer, I indeed have a holstered firearm on me, and I was out front talking to my friend, the shop manager." At this point, the officer said "Well Hell, there's nothing illegal about that... Have a nice day, sorry to have bothered you"

I think if there are cops like him out there, there may be hope yet!

There are more LEOs out there with his attitude than we will ever hear about. Give the guy a raise and promotion.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

VIP Member
    You mean he didn't sling every foul, disgusting obscenity known to mankind, then face plant you into the floor, jab his knee into your back so hard he dislocated your L5 while slapping the bracelets on you?

Didn't happen then.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    Today, I was the subject of a MWAG call! I was out in front of the local bicycle shop (where I am a known and regular customer) talking with my riding/shooting buddy, who happens to be the shop manager. The shop owner is also a friend of mine, and they are both very pro 2A, both carry, etc. My Glock 21 was in its customary position at 3:00 OWB, OC. So, when the breeze picked up, my buddy and I headed into the shop. About 10 minutes later, a nice young police officer came in the shop, and said the department had received a call about two men standing in the parking lot with a gun... Well, my buddy and I looked at each other and started to chuckle. I said "Officer, I indeed have a holstered firearm on me, and I was out front talking to my friend, the shop manager." At this point, the officer said "Well Hell, there's nothing illegal about that... Have a nice day, sorry to have bothered you"

There's a hell of a lot of them out there , really .

VIP Member
    For every bad apple we hear about, there are 10 that we never hear about. They go about their job, using the common sense approach. It's the ones who want to be asinine in their approach that people hear about.
    gatorbait51, Recon1342 and ccw9mm like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

There's no way it went down like that.

Glad to hear the LEO handled it how he should have. There's a lot more good out there than there is bad, it's just you never hear about people who do the right things.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

In my two encounters with LEO and security people, we quickly wound up having a good discussion about guns (Glocks in particular) and both soon asked if I was an instructor. No one asked if I had a license to carry. Perhaps this is because we live in a gun friendly area and perhaps partly because it quickly became obvious that I knew what I was doing/talking about? Oh yeah, and perhaps because all parties concerned were polite.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    There's a hell of a lot of them out there , really .
    Yes - there are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aceoky, Badey, Recon1342 and 1 others like this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

It is always nice when someone talk about the positive side of a subject. Thank you Recon1342
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and Recon1342 like this.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    That's a good story. Thanks for sharing and bringing my hopes up just a tad!
    Recon1342 and gatorbait51 like this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

VIP Member
    We have a good share of the pro-gun type of cops here in Idaho. But we still have our share of nervous Nelly, mommy-state citizens.

Semper fi.
    vice87, gatorbait51 and Recon1342 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

VIP Member
    This officer will need to go though intensive training at the Bloomdog institute .
    mr.stuart and gatorbait51 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I'm surprised he didn't disarm you for his safety and then tell you he needs to make sure you can actually have it.
    Stoveman and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    They know better than to do that here unless something is very sketchy.
    Recon1342, Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post

OMG! The Bicycle shop!

Don't find too many of those out in the middle of nowhere, you must have been in a city or at least a town..... According to quite a few here that was totally inappropriate.

Good on ya!

Love hearing these kinds of stories....
    Recon1342 and Aceoky like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links