Join LOCAL. December 2013 meetings

This is a discussion on Join LOCAL. December 2013 meetings within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) was formed in 2009. We are registered with the State of Louisiana as a Nonprofit and are operating as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Join LOCAL. December 2013 meetings

Join LOCAL. December 2013 meetings

Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) was formed in 2009. We are registered with the State of Louisiana as a Nonprofit and are operating as a 501c4 pending IRS approval. We are close to having 150 members. When we hit the 150 member mark we will have a giveaway. We will randomly choose a number between 1 and 150 and whoever has that membership number will win a LOCAL coffee mug. If you are not a member and want to join us just go to LOCAL - Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - Join Us and fill out the form and either pay the $10 dues via PayPal or mail in your payment to the address shown.
    Numbers mean power in the gun rights game. We need you to help us grow. Become a LOCAL member today and you could win a free LOCAL coffee mug.

December 2013 LOCAL Meetings.

Shreveport area- The NorthWest Chapter of LOCAL will meet at Sue's Country kitchen, 4600 East Texas, Bossier City, LA 71111 at 6:30 pm on Wed. Dec 4th.

LaPlace- The SouthEast Chapter of LOCAL will meet at the IHOP reasturant, 220 Belle Terre Blvd, LaPlace, at 6:30 pm on Wed. Dec 11th.

Florida Parishes- The Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL will meet at Hog Heaven Smokehouse, 83512 Louisiana 21, Sun, LA at 6:30 pm on Monday, Dec 16th.

Baton Rouge- The Baton Rouge area LOCAL meeting will be at the IHOP reasturant on College Drive in Baton Rouge, La, at 6:30pm on Wednesday, Dec 18th.

Other meeting dates and locations will be announced when planned.

LOCAL - Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - Home

gatorbait51 and Kennydale like this.
    Steve
    President/Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

2. Remove Ads

Darn I thought we were going to have "local" meetings of DC members! Guess I'm out lol.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The Police arrive just in time to draw chalk outlines

It's up to You to make sure the outline isn't around Your body

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I am not in LA but I will take the Sausage and Pancakes. Yummy.

Seriously, best of luck in your endeavour. We all need to be proactive and you are right, there is power in numbers.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I am not in LA but I will take the Sausage and Pancakes. Yummy.

Seriously, best of luck in your endeavour. We all need to be proactive and you are right, there is power in numbers.
    Yeah but you are in Memphis where Tom Givens has Rangemaster. You are lucky since you can sign up for a class anytime and don't have to travel. We have to wait for Tom to come down once a year to do a class here. He will be a mile from my house next weekend doing his annual training. Sadly, I can't make it to his class next week like I did last year. I don't NEED to go every year but, dang, its frigging Tom Givens. I hate missing a chance to train with him. Oh Well, I will try again next year. I still have photos from his last class to enjoy.
    See you on the forum and stay safe.

Me, Tom and his wife...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Steve
    www.laopencarry.org

Nice photo. Good looking lady but there is a lot of ugly on the two guys. In fact, one of the guys seems to look a bit like a Bigfoot critter. Can you post a photo of just the lady?

I spoke with one of the guys with LOCAL last night by phone. He came across as being a really decent guy and I will be at the meeting in Bossier on Wednesday.
    Last edited by oldman45; December 3rd, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    Nice photo. Good looking lady but there is a lot of ugly on the two guys. In fact, one of the guys seems to look a bit like a Bigfoot critter. Can you post a photo of just the lady?

I spoke with one of the guys with LOCAL last night by phone. He came across as being a really decent guy and I will be at the meeting in Bossier on Wednesday.
    You must have spoken to our Vice President, Speedy Mercer. He got elected as VP when I got elected President last year. Speedy is a great guy and does A LOT for LOCAL. We couldn't do half of what we have accomplished in the past year without his help. Enjoy the meeting.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Steve
    www.laopencarry.org

Don't hold your breath waiting for your group's 501c4 clearance... I was helping a group get started last year, and it's about an 18-month backlog.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    You must have spoken to our Vice President, Speedy Mercer. He got elected as VP when I got elected President last year. Speedy is a great guy and does A LOT for LOCAL. We couldn't do half of what we have accomplished in the past year without his help. Enjoy the meeting.
    That be he alright. Only he assured me that he was not really Speedy much anymore. Age has slowed him down. May be we should begin to call him Slowpoke.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    That be he alright. Only he assured me that he was not really Speedy much anymore. Age has slowed him down. May be we should begin to call him Slowpoke.
    You would be surprised how fast I get around in my wheelchair! When out of it, I move pretty quickly because the longer I am on my feet, the more I hurt so I tend to rush from sitting place to sitting place!

speedyswheels.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I now see that all the handicap spots will be used up tomorrow night. Should I bring my cameras with me to this meeting? I might get some good photos of some of the members having a beer or three there while armed.

Now I got to admit that the photo already placed in this thread has a lovely lady in it. There just might be a lovely young lady at the meeting. Her hubby called and said she would be there. However I posted a photo of another lovely lady and myself on a gun thread and I was banned for five days and the powers to be pulled the photo. I sure do not want that to happen here. All the folks on this site are really great people, well.... other than a couple.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Oldman, Bring your camera to the meeting but don't expect to see anyone drinking. 1-We are responsible gun owners and don't drink while carrying and 2- per La Revised Statute 14:95.5 which bans firearms in places which sell alcohol for consumption on site, we hold all of our meetings at places which don't serve alcohol.
    I don't drink alcohol anyway so it's not an issue for me.
    gatorbait51 and oldman45 like this.
    Steve
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    Oldman, Bring your camera to the meeting but don't expect to see anyone drinking. 1-We are responsible gun owners and don't drink while carrying and 2- per La Revised Statute 14:95.5 which bans firearms in places which sell alcohol for consumption on site, we hold all of our meetings at places which don't serve alcohol.
    I don't drink alcohol anyway so it's not an issue for me.
    Sorry sir but that is not entirely correct. Sue's Country Kitchen has video poker machines. In order to have them, they must sell alcohol for consumption on premise. Also, the law has changed very recently. pertaining to armed people where liquor is sold by the drink.

I will assure you and everyone else that I will not drink and be armed no matter what law is changed. Nor will I hang out with those that are drinking. My comment on the drinking was made in jest but they do sell beer by the drink in Sue's/ Admittedly, not a lot of people go in there to drink but to have the poker machines, at least beer must be available to the patrons. Some places get around that by charging $50 a bottle for beer so few will consider drinking in such places.

None of those I ever invite to a meeting will be drinking either. If they were drinkers, I would not associate with them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

My scout dropped the ball on this as one task was to insure that alcohol was not served and they were indeed told that it wasn't. Don't know where the error comes in at but this will be the first and LAST time we meet there due to the issues you cited.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I actually had a similar issue when scouting out a meeting location. I stopped by a nearby pizza restaurant and found one of the cashiers and waitress and asked if they served alcohol at their restaurant. The employee told me, "No. No alcohol here." Then I go in and check out the menu and they have beer on the menu. Apparently the staff there has a different definition of alcohol than the rest of the world. I got up and walked right out.
    I'm not aware of any recent changes to the law. I'd love to see it done away with completely. RS 14:95.5 is a major pain in my rear end.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Steve
    www.laopencarry.org

Opps,
    Sue's Country Kitchen has video poker which means they also sell alcohol. It's too late to change the location so the meeting will go on but those attending should be unarmed when they enter the restaurant. Sorry for the error but the January meeting will be at a more gun friendly location.

Opps again.
    Hog Heaven is closed on Mondays so the day/date of the Florida Parish meeting has been pushed back 24 hours to Tuesday, Dec 17th.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Steve
    www.laopencarry.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links