The Kroger Walk?

This is a discussion on The Kroger Walk? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know its been said that the CCers do the Wally World Walk when they get their permit. I have noticed since I was 18 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The Kroger Walk?

The Kroger Walk?

I know its been said that the CCers do the Wally World Walk when they get their permit. I have noticed since I was 18 and had my first job as an unarmed security guard at the store that LOTS of OCers frequent there. Its where I first learned that Open Carry existed when I saw an older gentleman with a holstered gun (I first thought he was a cop, after helping him get some things off of shelves he told me about Open Carry) Since then I seen lots of folks OC at Kroger rather than the Wally World.

Anyone else notice it too?

Where did you do your first OC walk?
    BenGoodLuck and lionround like this.

2. Remove Ads

Kroger instead of Walmart?? You, sir, sound like a gentleman and a scholar.

Marine Guard Duty Camp Pendleton.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    I have seen very few people OC. Think I would notice since I CC, but perhaps not.

Kroger hires 18 year-olds for security, makes more sense than the local Ingles I frequent, where the unarmed security guard is probably 88.

But when I got my permit, I just went about my normal activities, only now armed.
    amendment4 likes this.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadScientist View Post
    I know its been said that the CCers do the Wally World Walk when they get their permit. I have noticed since I was 18 and had my first job as an unarmed security guard at the store that LOTS of OCers frequent there. Its where I first learned that Open Carry existed when I saw an older gentleman with a holstered gun (I first thought he was a cop, after helping him get some things off of shelves he told me about Open Carry) Since then I seen lots of folks OC at Kroger rather than the Wally World.

Anyone else notice it too?

Where did you do your first OC walk?
    I shop regularly at both local Krogers stores, and have never seen anyone OCing in either of them.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

U.S. Navy - Viet Nam
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

VIP Member
    No Kroger stores around here, what am I missing?
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I have been actively interested in firearms for about 18 months now. I still have yet to see someone open carrying in the general public, or spotting anyone carrying concealed. This doesn't count the annual picnic I attended that was hosted by Ohioans For Concealed Carry, which was the most armed crowd I'd ever been in! :-)

Same as TDave...
    Gearhead and tdave like this.

OC is pretty common here in the town I live in in Southwest Tennessee. And we have a Kroger. Just so happens that I have OC'ed there and I have seen plenty of other people OC there as well.
    lionround and Aceoky like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

So what's the point of deliberately going to Wal-mart with a gun.......all the years I've carried, never went to Wal-mart.....please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So what's the point of deliberately going to Wal-mart with a gun.......all the years I've carried, never went to Wal-mart.....please explain.

If you went to a Wal-Mart, you would understand why you carry there!
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    It is just a "right of passage" kind of thing. Someone gets their permit for the first time, they go to Walmart and carry there, it is a place where there are a lot of people. First timers can get used to being armed in public there. That's all it is.

It's like getting your DL and going cruising for the first time.
    zonker1986 and Xader like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I find that highly unusual going deliberately to Wal-mart to conceal carry a weapon......OMO.
    jenatron and SgtRick like this.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    If you went to a Wal-Mart, you would understand why you carry there!
    Had to go get some OTC meds for the wife in the middle of the night (3 AM) and wal-wart was the most convenient. I'm not sure which were scarier, the few customers in the store or the employees that work at 3 AM.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links