I agree with open carry however.....

I agree with open carry however.....

This is a discussion on I agree with open carry however..... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; .....how can we tell the law abiding citizen from the criminal?? I have a CCL and I keep my weapon well secured and hidden however, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: I agree with open carry however.....

Talking I agree with open carry however.....

.....how can we tell the law abiding citizen from the criminal??

I have a CCL and I keep my weapon well secured and hidden however, my greatest fear is if my gun accidently became visible. I can just hear a child screaming: "MOMMA THAT MAN GOTTA GUN!!!" I could whip out my license and at least have a way to (possibly) ease the situation.

If I were carrying openly, I'd get tackled by police, handcuffed and thrown into a squad car before I could PROVE that I am not a crook but trying to display my 2nd amendment rights as a law abiding citizen.

Carrying in a rally with others is much safer but alone? No way!

My 2 cents

VIP Member
    All good points, which should generate some interesting and worthwhile comments.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Silly question: How many BGs do you see walking around OC'ing? If you do see a BG's gun, you're not gonna be concerned about being tackled by the POlice. Trying to start something on the OC thread?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Here we go again
    Badey, Bad Bob and BurgerBoy like this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Law abiding aren't breaking the law... If a criminal is open carrying and nothing is happening, it's your lucky day I guess.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Tickets! Get your tickets here...
    WannabeaCPA likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

If openly carried arms scare you because you can't tell who the law abiding are from the criminal,
    I shudder to think how you're going to feel about concealed carry when you not only can't tell friend from foe but can't even tell if your foe is armed.

If I may put this as simply as I can...
    Good guys will sometimes carry concealed
    Good guys will sometimes carry openly
    Bad guys will almost always conceal
    Bad guys will almost never openly carry

The greatest possibility is that an openly carried arm belongs to a law abiding citizen, criminals do not like to have potential prey see that they are armed.
    Both good guys and bad guys will carry concealed
    B

If I see a person carrying a black rifle into a shopping mall or a school, I will be suspicious of their intentions.
    Bad Bob and TxTchRR like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

No Comment!

JD's blood pressure is sure to top out by the time he starts removing posts from this thread!

Me, I'm just going to sit back and watch, along with Stoveman.
    PluggedNickle and Recon1342 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by love_my_glock View Post
    .....how can we tell the law abiding citizen from the criminal??

I have a CCL and I keep my weapon well secured and hidden however, my greatest fear is if my gun accidently became visible. I can just hear a child screaming: "MOMMA THAT MAN GOTTA GUN!!!" I could whip out my license and at least have a way to (possibly) ease the situation.

If I were carrying openly, I'd get tackled by police, handcuffed and thrown into a squad car before I could PROVE that I am not a crook but trying to display my 2nd amendment rights as a law abiding citizen.

Carrying in a rally with others is much safer but alone? No way!

My 2 cents
    You have made some good points. As far as a BG is concerned they will not chance being made. They are not looking for attention, they want what others have so ambush is the call of the day for most BGs.

Being cuffed and stuffed will really depend on the location of the country you are in. Some locations have trained PDs and others refuse to allow it. My words of advise would be to educate yourself, look good while doing it, be polite, and if you do encounter the PD be respectful.

All of that being said, it is not for me. I have been thru to many PD encounters and do not need or want anymore. I will be what the boogie man has to worry about in the dark....
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Is there really any point in hashing this all out again for the 1000th time. Anyone wanting to see arguments on both sides should just use the search function. That's my $.02.
    Rattlehead likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    No Comment!
    Ditto.

Use common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    All good points, which should generate some interesting and worthwhile comments.
    I sensed a touch of sarcasm there LOL
    LimaCharlie likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links