Positive Open Carry Experiance

This is a discussion on Positive Open Carry Experiance within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was out for the day shopping with my daughter ( 1 and a half year old ) for the day, had my Glock 27 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Positive Open Carry Experiance

I was out for the day shopping with my daughter ( 1 and a half year old ) for the day, had my Glock 27 in holstered on my right side as usuall in plain view. After going to a few stores with no issues we decided to stop for lunch at Chipotle in Amherst. As I was getting my daughter out of her car seat 4 LEOs were getting out of their patrol car going in for lunch as well. I thought to myself ok here we go, for sure they are going to stop me for ID. I stood infront of them in line, they saw me and my sidearm, gave me a nod and continued on with their day. Not a word was said ( odd for being Amherst Police ) but hats off to the local LEOs for knowing and respecting Ohios open carry Law. Once we sat down a " hipster " looking fellow asked me about my sidearm, why I was carrying and asked about a few of the laws and then told me he too had planned on getting his CCL here soon. I was shocked but happy with the experaince. I am only 24 and look much younger then that even. No issues all day!

VIP Member
    The way it should be.

Carry on.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iGlock33 View Post
    I was out for the day shopping with my daughter ( 1 and a half year old ) for the day, had my Glock 27 in holstered on my right side as usuall in plain view.

I am only 24 and look much younger then that even. No issues all day!
    Yeah, can't trust those 24 year olds with guns. Great to hear it went this way for you. Maybe there IS some hope! Thanks for sharing!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Maybe, just maybe, our Local LEO's are getting it. Glad to hear all went well, I gotta OC out that way now.
    Ghost1958, FTG-05 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Good first post, and welcome to the forum.
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    You mean the police didn't throw you to the ground, and stand on your neck with guns drawn? Where's Officer Harless when you need him??!!

As for the rest of the customers there. How dare they just sit and eat while you walk around with an exposed gun. Didn't they know they were suppose to throw their food in the air, scream like 5 years old little girls who've just seen a spider and run from the store? What is this world coming to???

Seriously though, good carry with good results. BTW, Welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    Yeah, can't trust those 24 year olds with guns. Great to hear it went this way for you. Maybe there IS some hope! Thanks for sharing!!
    Yes I know it sounds kind of bad, but I think some ( sheeple ) might feel a little more at ease with an older man carrying, rather then a 24 year old ( that looks 16 ). However, I dress very well and carry myself well, respecting others and being polite as every one should ( try ) haha.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iGlock33 View Post
    I was out for the day shopping with my daughter ( 1 and a half year old ) for the day, had my Glock 27 in holstered on my right side as usuall in plain view. After going to a few stores with no issues we decided to stop for lunch at Chipotle in Amherst. As I was getting my daughter out of her car seat 4 LEOs were getting out of their patrol car going in for lunch as well. I thought to myself ok here we go, for sure they are going to stop me for ID. I stood infront of them in line, they saw me and my sidearm, gave me a nod and continued on with their day. Not a word was said ( odd for being Amherst Police ) but hats off to the local LEOs for knowing and respecting Ohios open carry Law. Once we sat down a " hipster " looking fellow asked me about my sidearm, why I was carrying and asked about a few of the laws and then told me he too had planned on getting his CCL here soon. I was shocked but happy with the experaince. I am only 24 and look much younger then that even. No issues all day!
    My question is why they did not make you leave your gun in your vehicle. That chain is anti gun and does not allow firearms in their locations. Google it. They are anti gun all across the US where they have restaurants.

So your visit was very pro gun from LEO standpoint even though you were in a gun free business. This makes it so much better for OC.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    I applaud you for exercising your 2A rights , and i too have had good outcomes in other states ( not where i live )
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    My question is why they did not make you leave your gun in your vehicle. That chain is anti gun and does not allow firearms in their locations. Google it. They are anti gun all across the US where they have restaurants.
    Perhaps they comply with state law. Haven't seen one here with a no-gun sign.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Love to hear positive encounters! Carry on bro!

Semper Paratus et Armare
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    The way it should be.

Carry on.
    Exactly!!
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.

Positive experiences keep things going! Each small step is one for all mankind! Good for you......good for us!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    So you want a holy war? How many holes would you like?

good first post and OC experience.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    If they don't have a sign posted, it doesn't matter how anti-gun they are.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post

So your visit was very pro gun from LEO standpoint even though you were in a gun free business. This makes it so much better for OC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links